Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 11:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Big Cow Team Ranch loop. (Read 902 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Big Cow Team Ranch loop.
Oct 18th, 2009, 8:03pm

Well, I *wanted* to go on a 200k yesterday, but an acute bout of insomnia, which I get occasionally, kept that from happening and made all of yesterday worthless.

So I went today and test rode my new 60 mile (or whatever you want it to be) training loop.  

Results were beter than I expected.  It's a tough route as it is - nearly 3000 feet of climbing for the 57 miles I ended up with.  The pretty hefty wind today made it a real training ride for sure.  I start from the house and warmup up along the trail untilI get to winscott road.  I cross 377 at a light and go through a neghborhood until I get to a fairly busy road, but I'm only on it for 50 feet.  Another neighborhood gives me a serious climb and I'm back on the busy street for less than a minute before taking Aledo Road.  Follow to team ranch, which is a five mile loop with some serious climbs.  Great distance and the last climb must hit 15% in a couple spots, and above 10 for a while.  I did the loop twice.  Back down aledo road till I hit my cow loop, which you can take either direction to make for a tough day or a nasty day - your choice!  
Instead of coming home through the park again I took winscott all the way home, which turns into vickery just before I turn off for home.  

Practically a no-traffic route, with great scenery of the King Ranch among many others, the FW skyline, and of course, the 15 foot cow, the 6 foot pink flamingo, the 10 foot mushroom, and just for halloween, the 10 foot spider.  Practically no traffic whatsoever and NO CHIPSEAL.  Just a couple rough patches that are quite short.  The route reminds me of the Goatneck in feel, hilliness, and speed - just much better roads.

http://www.bikely.com/blogthismap/routeid/358550

« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2009, 8:05pm by aikigreg »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Big Cow Team Ranch loop.
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2009, 10:46am

Quote from aikigreg on Oct 18th, 2009, 8:03pm:
.... with great scenery of the King Ranch among many others, the FW skyline, and of course, the 15 foot cow, the 6 foot pink flamingo, the 10 foot mushroom, and just for halloween, the 10 foot spider....

And THIS is why you should start carrying a camera!    Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print