Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:15am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why do I do this to myself???? (Read 368 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Why do I do this to myself????
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:55pm

Smiley   Steve Barlow came by today - he's thinking about going bent again to get rid of the sore behind.  Fit him on the corsa and a couple minutes around the parking lot and we're gone.

We rode 50 miles on my "Big Cow Bent" loop, which has a couple serious hills - 18% at one point, whith all kinds of terrain.  Steve never fell once, only had a couple times where he tried to start in too big a gear, and by the time we were halfway through we'd basically reclined him fully.  He just kept getting stronger and faster as the miles went by.  I bonked 8 miles from home thanks to the new diet and Steve rescued me with a clif-bar.  We chatted a bunch and had a great lunch afterwards.  

So now I've taken a guy who was faster than me anyway and given him a real taste at bent life.  I keep creating my own worst competition!  But Steve's a great guy and once he's converted to the dark side it'll be fun to watch him go.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Why do I do this to myself????
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2009, 3:04am

Greg, Steve mentioned to me at the the Italy night brevet that he was seriously looking at riding a recumbent, specifically a high racer(Corsa model). He was looking over the SS pretty good.  

He said he just likes to have something a little different. AGreed ,he's a good guy & will be a beast on a 'bent.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print