Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 9:20am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Weatherford Peach Pedal 100K (Read 793 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Weatherford Peach Pedal 100K
Jul 11th, 2009, 11:24am

Well my grand experiment with a rear fairing came to an end at about 9 miles into the ride, turns out it rubbed through the Stelvio sidewall and that was that. I'd love to tell you how the rest of the ride went but that would be from riding a SAG truck Smiley

I at least can now give a report soon on how well the new Schwalbe Durnanos perform

IP Logged
sstexex

rbent member

Re: Weatherford Peach Pedal 100K
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2009, 6:00pm

We went by you! You were in the shade and didn't seem to stressed out. I was tryin to keep up w the wife.

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2009, 7:50pm

Quote from sstexex on Jul 11th, 2009, 6:00pm:
We went by you! You were in the shade and didn't seem to stressed out. I was tryin to keep up w the wife.

No stress just waited for the SAG truck, the funny thing is before the ride I was thinking how lucky I was never having to need one....

IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #3 - Jul 12th, 2009, 10:17am

Dang, sorry to hear that your ride ended that way, Mark. What tail fairing did you get?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2009, 6:18pm

Well, I did the 39 mile route, which was actually 42.  I have to admit that the hills at the first were pretty flat and the majority of the hills were on the second half of this route.  The problem was that the heat was on the second half of this route as well.  I saw so many people sitting on the side of the road under whatever shade they could find.  The encouraging part, at least to me, was that I saw several Dad's our with their kids.  One guy had two kids about 11 years old (looked like twins) and they were on 24' wheel road bikes.  There was snother Dad that has a 10 year old with him.  Even though they were having issues at different parts of the route, the Dad's seemed to stay patient.  Looks like we still have youth coming up into the riding ranks.

I must admit, I was happy to get back to the car and turn on the air conditioner--maybe we need to invent a recumbent with an air conditioner and heater?  Nope, we'll just head to Iowa--it's been 75 to 80 for the high there.  Hope it holds for a couple of more weeks.  I saw Mark at the start--or should I say I saw the recumbent go by with the tail box and wondered if it was him.  I saw Richard C walking across the street while I was waiting to register, but that's about it.

IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2009, 9:25pm

Sorry to miss you Dianna. This was a good conditioning ride for sure. A guy rode up beside me and asked how I liked my bike...I said "I love it...ppopsssssssstflapflap." He did not stop to help-ha! However, Bob McClure was right behind me and the flat repair went quickly. That tough Conti that I almost did not get mounted when it was new, came right off and back on with ease. Thanks much Bob! I bout toasted. It took me 45 minutes to get onto the highway after the finish. I saw several bents that I didn't recognize. I think there is a whole new group of recumbent riders that have formed over the last year or two.

See you at Goat Neck

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 14th, 2009, 7:50pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Jul 12th, 2009, 10:17am:
Dang, sorry to hear that your ride ended that way, Mark. What tail fairing did you get?

It was an Optima tailbox, not a true performance item but it did add to the top speed although it weighed 6 pounds

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print