Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:27am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Recurring Clown Ride (Read 69489 times)
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Re: Recurring Clown Ride
Reply #90 - Oct 23rd, 2014, 9:50pm

exactly

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #91 - Oct 24th, 2014, 8:05am

Tuesday is November 4th on my calendar Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #92 - Oct 24th, 2014, 10:58am

Quote:
Tuesday is November 4th on my calendar

By Golly, I believe he is correct.  See you on Tuesday.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Clown Time change
Reply #93 - Apr 5th, 2015, 8:44pm

Starting on April 9, 2015 the breakfast time will change to 8:00 a.m.

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #94 - Jun 3rd, 2015, 10:01am

What is the status of the WRL north trail branch to/from North Dallas?  Is it flooded?   I dream of getting up early tomorrow (thusday 6/4/2015) and riding my bike from Plano to the Clown breakfast at Barbecs.    Smiley  

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015, 10:01am by MrOverdressed »  

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #95 - Jun 3rd, 2015, 11:07am

Quote from MrOverdressed on Jun 3rd, 2015, 10:01am:
What is the status of the WRL north trail branch to/from North Dallas?  Is it flooded?   I dream of getting up early tomorrow (thusday 6/4/2015) and riding my bike from Plano to the Clown breakfast at Barbecs.    Smiley  

The Trail is not flooded. Early yesterday afternoon, Bob M and I turned around at the Central Expy. bridge, as we were headed North, because the tunnel was full of wet mud. Earlier, John S. somehow made it past the tunnel, but went down in mud at the Forrest Ln. bridge. The City was in the process of removing the mud. Maybe the cleanup will be complete by Thursday morning.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #96 - Jun 3rd, 2015, 1:24pm

Quote from jayg on Jun 3rd, 2015, 11:07am:

The Trail is not flooded. Early yesterday afternoon, Bob M and I turned around at the Central Expy. bridge, as we were headed North, because the tunnel was full of wet mud. Earlier, John S. somehow made it past the tunnel, but went down in mud at the Forrest Ln. bridge. The City was in the process of removing the mud. Maybe the cleanup will be complete by Thursday morning.
Just curious, how do they remove the mud?

My dream is about to come true, too, just to ride with a bunch o' Clowns!  School ends tomorrow for the kiddos tomorrow, (Jay, I may have told you it was to be last week, proof I'm loosing my wits), and for us staff on Friday.  Tuesday Clown Ride, here I come, barring some emergency.  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #97 - Jun 3rd, 2015, 2:45pm

Quote from Action Lad on Jun 3rd, 2015, 1:24pm:
Quote from jayg on Jun 3rd, 2015, 11:07am:

Just curious, how do they remove the mud?

My dream is about to come true, too, just to ride with a bunch o' Clowns!  School ends tomorrow for the kiddos tomorrow, (Jay, I may have told you it was to be last week, proof I'm loosing my wits), and for us staff on Friday.  Tuesday Clown Ride, here I come, barring some emergency.  

They were using shovels to remove dried mud on the Trail. The mud in the tunnel had been partially removed by some kind of motorized equipment.  

Looking forward to seeing you, Tuesday.

Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #98 - Jun 4th, 2015, 5:17pm

OK Im looking to join yall next week to give the trails a little more time to dry off.

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #99 - Jul 23rd, 2015, 9:38pm

Guys, im working on a ride to get back it there ..

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #100 - Jul 25th, 2015, 3:18pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Jul 25th, 2015, 7:11am:
I know the Clowns start at 8:00, but anyone going to get to WRL earlier to beat the heat on Tuesday the 5th of August. I will be down to ride and meet the clowns and put a face with the names. I have had 4 major heat strokes over the years, so I like to get done early. My plan is to start around 6:30-7:00 and be done by 10:00-11:00. I hope to see everyone there.

Jay, I will be driving the Grand Caravan, just in case you need to get rid of a bike or two! Smiley

Jerry, there may be as many as four Clowns doing some early riding at WRL. They skip breakfast and get in as many as two laps, before the rest of us show up in the Sunset Bay parking lot somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45. By the way, Aug 5 is on a Wednesday. We will be at the lake on Tuesday Aug 4 and Thursday Aug 6.

I too drive a Grand Caravan, so I could haul my Silvio 2.0 to the lake for you to take back to Missouri. Wouldn't do it though, because the Silvio has a mind of it's own and wants to change lanes, unexpectedly. You might find yourself crashing through the woods at 45 mph at the bottom of one of those steep Missouri hills. Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #101 - Aug 19th, 2015, 1:32pm

Ok whats the Summer Barbecs meet time? 8am?    And whats the ride meet time and start spot?

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #102 - Aug 19th, 2015, 2:19pm

Quote from MrOverdressed on Aug 19th, 2015, 1:32pm:
Ok whats the Summer Barbecs meet time? 8am?    And whats the ride meet time and start spot?

We order breakfast at 8:00 and arrive at the Sunset Bay parking lot somewhere between 8:30 and 8:45. Some of our riders don't eat breakfast and do a lap or two, before the Barbec's crowd arrives.

If you ride down the White Rock Creek Trail, be aware that it's totally blocked off about a 1/3 mile south of the lower Anderson-Bonner parking lot. You have to take the street from the parking lot and ride to Forrest Lane to get back on the Trail.

Email   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Reply #103 - Nov 11th, 2015, 6:02pm

I've been out of town for a week.  Is breakfast at Barbec's at 8 or 9 now?  If it's 8, when will it move to 9?  

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #104 - Nov 11th, 2015, 6:15pm

Quote from richardr on Nov 11th, 2015, 6:02pm:
I've been out of town for a week.  Is breakfast at Barbec's at 8 or 9 now?  If it's 8, when will it move to 9?  

Still 8:00 AM. No.1 Clown says the more we bug him about changing to 9:00 AM, the longer it will be before he announces a change.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print