Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 5:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
JS's Hill Country 600k blog (Read 344 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

JS's Hill Country 600k blog
Mar 27th, 2009, 4:52pm

Here's the link from Bacchetta's blog website regarding John's thoughts/feelings during the 600K race.

http://www.bacchettablog.com/

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
goatstick

Team SCDRR

Re: JS's Hill Country 600k blog
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2009, 11:26am

Quote from Killer Bee on Mar 27th, 2009, 4:52pm:
Here's the link from Bacchetta's blog website regarding John's thoughts/feelings during the 600K race.

http://www.bacchettablog.com/

At the dinner Sunday evening after the race I asked John what he thought of the roads. I don't think I ever got an answer out of him though. In Ray's writeup at the Bacchetta forum he talks about John's run down the Old No 9 rollers. This is one of my favorite roads in the area, mainly because it is a classic example of where a high-racer can really fly. It has the short, steep twisty rollers that are really hard to power over on a road bike but can really make a high-racer shine. I wish I could have seen him on that stretch. (That whole stretch between Hwy 290 east of Fred'burg to I10 was one of my suggestions for the race route). It would have been nice to hear his thoughts about the route. Waring-Welfare the oppose direction than the race went (read 'downhill') is a pure blast also. My favorite century ride is from Helotes to Fred'burg and back, along that route, except following Boerne Stage Rd instead of Upper Balcones/Toutant Beauregarde as I have usually had enough climbing by that time.

As I said earlier, I really commend the drivers that had to stay close enough to light up the road for us on that stretch. I know it must have been harrowing for them to have to drive so close with so much at stake. There was one place on Old San Antonio where even with full lights and me knowing the road, I almost ran off a roadside dropoff after cresting a slight hill because the pavement was patched in so many different colors that it looked like a paved edge of the road. At the last instant, probably a couple of inches away from crashing, I realized my mistake and yanked the Corsa back on the road.

Spherical Cows, Dude! Ranch Racing
RailGun performance seats
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print