Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:17am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2/1 Populaire (Read 1613 times)
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Re: 2/1 Populaire
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2009, 12:27pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Feb 1st, 2009, 8:01pm:
I forgot to mention the new t-shirt given to me before the ride. I wore it for the after ride meal.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x5/Bud_Bent/Misc/fartacus1.jpg

Am i Proud of this Man or What????  Comming home with a Nice New T-Shirt!!!  Gonna try and not be around him when he wears it!!! LOL     Smiley

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #16 - Feb 4th, 2009, 5:13pm

Quote from aikigreg on Feb 3rd, 2009, 9:10am:
I for one had a great time on the ride.  After having been off the bike for 3 weeks   Smiley it was nice to be able to ride at all, and even better to have had the chance to blow the dust off a little, even if I was hacking stuff up every so often.  And getting to stop and chat for a while afterwards is always the icing on the cake.

I was even happy with the bonus miles.  I KNEW Steve and I were only a tiny distance away from rejoining the route, and that going back would mean a double slice of into the wind, but I was happy just being able to ride with Steve and have fun.   What's 15 extra miles between friends?  Smiley  Steve is always great company!

I've done routes that crossed those same stretches of roads near RBM, so I expected them, but there was one that really needs a light.  And 78 (or whatever it was) just had no business having bikes on it even for a 1/4 mile, much less 3 miles of white knuckle riding, a tight bridge squeeze, and a LEFT TURN ACROSS 80MPH TRAFFIC.  Might as well ride on I-35.  Horrible route for a populaire.

I'm probably to blame for the breakaway pace.  Some thingy-weed started making comments about bents when Steve and I moved up towards the front of the pack.  "Why can't they sit up like everyone else?"  "Hey, did you bring a six-pack or the whole keg?"   Smiley  Of course my reply was "does that WHOLE seat wedge itself into your arse, or just some of it?"   Smiley

That's why I was hauling butt up dump hill, and Steve and I left that mofo in the dust.  Then when we got separated at the light before the control, I blew past them all to catch up with the lead group and the chase was on.  I was way ahead and slowed up a bit, and was nearly caught.  Turned it on again to keep them from drafting me, and slid in behind the leader of the lead group.  Stayed on their tail till the control.  

Ah well, c'est la vie.  Had a great time riding with ya, Steve, and lunching with Emperor Fartacus and the Crew.

Greg ,yeah the 1st 36 miles were fun. It was cool to see us hangin' with the lead 5/6 riders. Then, the missed turn & I got down mentally.   Smiley Smiley. Thanks for picking me up & I enjoyed(even though you wouldn't have known it)your company.  I needed the conversation. Sorry I wasn't in better spirits. Not one of my better efforts.  Smiley Smiley

It's funny, on a relatively short rides(like this "pop"),you expect to be done in a short time. When you don't finish as quickly as you had hoped, mentally it takes a toll. Funny, on longer rides, you just resign yourself to the fact that you're on the bike until you finish.  

The Fartacus shirt was epic. "Good Job" Greg.   Grin Grin

...And Rose , we DO have to be around Fartacus on our Rando rides.  cry cry

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #17 - Feb 5th, 2009, 5:32am

So it sounds like there is never a good time to draft Bud?  Wink  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa