Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:15am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Trinity Trail this afternoon (Read 335 times)
robert.j

rbent member

Trinity Trail this afternoon
Dec 20th, 2008, 9:00pm

Group of 5- Charlie, Brian, David (coworker), Blake (upright rider friend) and I- headed out from downtown at 1:00.  I'm the only one on a bent.  Intended to be a nice casual 40 mile ride out to the south Benbrook lake entrance and back.  I haven't done a 40 miler in like forever, so I'm just trying to finish without cramps or other mishaps.  Easy 15 mph pace going out into a westerly wind.  Stopped several times to stretch and wait on whoever was trailing.  Everyone except Brian arrived at the 20 mile mark turnaround about the same time, so we waited on Brain and talked.  Whan Brian arrived, he didn't even stop, just turned around and kept going.
Just before the turnaround the wind picked up, now from the northwest, and it started getting cooler.  We caught up to Brian and I slowed up some to keep him in sight while the others all kept on and were not seen again.
The NW wind meant we had a headwind headed back too, which is never any fun.  I make a quick pit stop which let Brian catch up.  Brian had begun cramping so we stopped for a while and had granola bars and an orange, but he still was having cramp problems so called his girlfriend to come pick him up at the Bryant Irving trailhead.  After Brian abandoned, I picked up the pace for the last 8 miles and got back pretty quickly.
I haven't been on my bike for two weeks and only occassionally for several weeks before that, so I was happy to get in 40 miles even if it was only a 14.1 avg.  And it was good to see everyone there and catch up.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: Trinity Trail this afternoon
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2008, 1:37pm

Glad to hear you got a ride in. That was easier said than done this week. I didn't get to ride until Friday, myself.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print