Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 28th, 2024, 1:16am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Frosty the Snowman on a Crank Froward (Read 310 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Frosty the Snowman on a Crank Froward
Dec 21st, 2008, 4:57pm

Yes the last 2 trips on the bike were, umm, interesting? I had a 16 mile round trip yesterday that started out at almost 50 F but with a monster headwind out bound, but by the time to go home it had dropped to 35F with a windchill in the mid 20s fortunately mostly a tailwind back, I had on 3/4 of the closet to keep things from falling off of the body like toes and fingers. The trip to church this morning was even worse as the temperature when I left was 22F and the windchill varied from the teens to the single digits, but by the time I returned from church things had warmed to 30F with an unknown windchill. I wore the entire closet today, and spent 10 minutes undressing at church to keep from expiring, I had a lot of layers to remove, between jackets, jerseys, long sleeve Ts and long underwear, and that was just my upper body. I had on 2 pairs of tights, long underwear and a pair of shorts and regular underwear below the waist, plus 2 pair of socks. I also had my PolarFleece balaclava on under my helmet. I found that relaxing and riding with a straight torso was warmer than trying to scrunch up and hide from the wind, but nothing I did would let my toes warm up until I got off the bike.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print