Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 11:18pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tttt practice (Read 817 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

tttt practice
Aug 9th, 2008, 8:51pm

Had a good time fellas and gals - thanks for playing!  Even though we'd all ridden the course before, it was nice to check out the current status of the pavement and sort of get a game plan for running the road.  I'll be doing this at least once more when the carbent arrives, since I really want to compare the two.

For those who were not there:  Nelson beat his race P(ersonal) B(est) by two minutes, blasting by me and holding me off for quite a long time - very nice work, man!

But the big story was Paul on the XS.  On our "race" lap, he took the lead from me rather quickly, and slowly increased it, and when we made the first turn he disappeared and I never saw him until the finish line.  He took, what - 7 minutes off his last year's race time and beat my time today day by 1m50s.  Absolutely crushed me - nice work, man!

Everybody else had good runs as well, but 60 miles was all we wanted.  I don't know why it felt so much hotter than the 300k last week, but I swore for a while I was riding inside a hairdryer set on high.

Thanks for the lunch chat as well, y'all - next time I'm getting the calf fries.  STRONG LIKE BULL!

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2008, 11:32pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: tttt practice
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2008, 10:22pm

Greg, Peggy & I had a great time. It was great to see Nelson & Ray again. Ray's new shiny V-3( very cool). Congrats to Nelson & Paul for PR times. I'm just trying to be more consistent  with my laps(I had 21 secs difference between lap #2 & #3). I was ready for a 4th lap,but looking back,it was time to get out of the heat. We had enough of the heat last Saturday. The wind was a beat down too.

It was nice to see the little stretch of pavement in front of the church re-paved & the down by the bridge(no more dip in the road. That's comforting after coming down Goatneck hill at 35-40 mph ,at 2:00am).  

Caddo Street Cafe was a great call. Good food & good time with friends. Thanks all for participating & making this a fun time(as usual).

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2008, 11:33pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2008, 11:40pm

It's gonna take a few weeks (if it happens) to get my legs and neck used to the XS riding position, but it seems to be worth it...   Cool  Increasing one's lap speed by 2.5 mph ain't no small thang, and a 53 time is as good as JS did on his first lap last year...  Wink  ( Not that I'm SAYIN'..  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  )   But I made a mental note to myself at the first turn after the climb (8 miles), and I was at 23:20 -- which equates to slightly over 20mph average through the nasty 1st section -- I'm shocked...   Shocked

Fun ride, fun lunch, fun company...

Ask Peggy about Steve's "hose problems" next time you see them...    Grin Cheesy

« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2008, 5:33pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2008, 1:09pm

I had a great time, and some icing of the knee last night has me just a little bit sore, will work it out with a couple of days of easy riding.  It sure was great to see everyone, and I really enjoyed the lunch and fellowship.  Very impressive to see Paul turn the 53 minute lap, I'm sure the Xstream is nice but that wasn't all bike!  Expect to be getting in a hard effort at least once a week to adpat to the Corsa under effort.  I think this week I'm going to shoot for the Tuesday night PBA popsicle ride, usually a pretty good average on that one.  

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2008, 2:20pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Aug 9th, 2008, 11:40pm:
It's gonna take a few weeks (if it happens) to get my legs and neck used to the XS riding position, but it seems to be worth it... Cool Increasing one's lap speed by 2.5 mph ain't no small thang, and a 53 time is as good as JS did on his first lap last year... Wink ( Not that I'm SAYIN'.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes )

Fun ride, fun lunch, fun company...

Ask Peggy about Steve's "hose problems" next time you see them... Grin Cheesy

...Or Peggy's "rack" problems.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print