Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:15pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whiterock (Read 2073 times)
Cookie

rbent member

Whiterock
Jul 30th, 2008, 8:41am

Just a note of THANKS to Thomas. Smiley We meet at east side of lake trail yesterday morning at 07:00 AM. Being a newbe, this was my 1st real outing on my new trike. I had the time of my life. Thanks again Thomas. Plans are to meet again Thrus. morning for another ride. This old man is hooked. Roll Eyes
Jerry

Cookie
Use to walk but Now I ride
2007 Rans Stratus XP

Bent in Granbury
Email   IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Whiterock
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008, 9:08am

That great Jerry that you like it and I had fun riding and chatting with you. . Richard  and John, are you two still on for tomorrow?? (Thursday) If so Me and Jerry can meet you guys at  where the trail comes in at mockingberg

Keep Pedaling,the power coming
Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Homebuilt Squared High Racer (20")
Catrike Expedition ( Red)
Wife: Sun Tadpole Trike
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2008, 11:37am

Thanks to Cookie and Powerbent for a great ride this morning! Lets do it again next Tuesday. All are welcome!

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2008, 2:53pm

MAN!  I need to get my Carcass going in the morning and join the fun.  How long does it the ride take?  And how many miles do you pedal?

Terry

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2008, 3:23pm

From what Richard said this morning to us. From Bonner to lake and around once and back is 22 miles. But around twice is 32 miles.
 Thanks Thomas

Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2008, 3:58pm

Yeah Terry,  

The day is so much cooler in the morning. I was home by 9:45 in Carrollton. It is 22-23 miles depending on exactly which route you take. Its about 9 miles around the lake so you can take as many laps as you like. I usually want to stop at the 7-11 for a snack then continue on. The more time you spend talking and galking increases the trip time. This is about a 14mph ave. ride for most of this group. You can gas it up on the roads around the lake if you like or make a dash up flagpole hill to get the old heart rate up. Its just so convenient for me, its a good way to get some miles in during the week.

Richard

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2008, 9:25pm

I may well join you this coming Tuesday...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2008, 12:12pm

Greetings Bent People,

The Tuesday morning ride to WR from Bonner Park came off without incident and we are all still friends  Wink Cheesy. We puttered up around an back in the cool morning air. Yes, it waaas cool. I barely broke a sweat the whole trip. I tried to take some pictures of this ride. The Whiterock trail and lake are truely unique. To have such a place to ride/walk/skate/ride horseback/sail/etc., in a metropolitan area is great. From sun up to about 11:00 the trail is mostly in the shade. Some others also have pic sequences of the trail. They give you a feel for this experience. Maybe I am a bit too affected by trees, water, squirrels, ducks and all that. I grew up in Odessa where they have two seasons. In the spring it rains a bit and things become alive. This lasts for a month or two and then you proceed to the next season in which everthing dries up and becomes dead. Thanks again to John, Cookie, and Powerbent for the company.

See you down the road,

RichardC

http://public.fotki.com/drahcir1/bonner-whiterock-8-5-08/

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2008, 5:52pm

The lake was pleasent as always and I had a good time on the white rock ride this morning (8/7/2008)   I rode on my generation 1 Rans Rocket.  There was three other happy souls in our group.   We rolled out around 7:15am at a social recumbent-brother pace and several roddies passed us buy.  I resisted urges to chase wabbits.  When a mountian-biking-babe blasted past I couldnt hold back anymore annd took off at a work-out pace.   I did a pit stop at the 7-11 and returned back to Bonehead park (AKA Bonner Park) a little after 9:00am.

I never seen my bros again.  I hope they didnt feel abandoned.  When I ride, im usally the one that gets left behind.  

Terry

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
jcsadowski
Five Star Member

Clown #1

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2008, 6:10pm

We didn't feel abandoned, I saw you chasing the gal. Did you catch her?
The three of us had a good ride, so good in fact, we went around the lake twice for a total of 34 miles.
JohnS

2009 Carbon fiber CA 2.0
2014 Schlitter Encore
Email WWW   IP Logged
power_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2008, 6:46pm

Thanks John S for the lead today ride and Jerry riding with us , had a great time today. It was nice to meet Terry for about 10 minute when I notice he took off chasing a Lady on a MTB.
 I was please to know that riding the 34 mile wasn't to bad. I need to see if I will ride this weekend at Rock Wall . Wink

Midracer being built
Homebuilt Bike X orange
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print