Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Sep 27th, 2024, 9:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lille Tango strikes again :) (Read 946 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Lille Tango strikes again :)
May 25th, 2008, 2:47pm

Slow ride this morning, lots of head winds that weren't in the forecast SmileyCouldn't crank it out like the previous few rides. Usually it has taken me 5-10 miles to get the pain levels( normal stuff for me millage may vary between riders ) in legs nulled out and the speed/power spinning to take over. On my final lap from the entrance of the West parking lot road, I spotted a DF cf rider I see on occasion and was moving with the wind push to the north abt 19 mph (guesstimate ). Legs were warmed up good so I decided to stealth up on him and caught him at the main parking lot at bath house, called out rider on yer left and I was cranking 22.5mph as I passed him (yuk yuk ) I heard him shout "I have NEVER been passed by a recumbent before!" he he Made the whole ride worth while for me to bet up on a CF DF caught with his spandex flapping.  
To date 1793 miles! Rode just over 157 miles for the week (that's why I feel tired today  Smiley I'm sure my efforts aren't as spectacular as the big dogs here, but just shows what an average 60 year old gimp can accomplish on a recumbent. Recumbent's rule  Cheesy

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Re: Lille Tango strikes again :)
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2008, 8:57pm

Way to go Joe! It is great seeing you so high up on the bikejournal list. Buzz those upwrongs every chance you get!

RichardC

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - May 25th, 2008, 9:14pm

pretty sweet.  You're flying past me, in spite of the fact that I rode 125 yesterday.  I'm easily a thousand miles short of where I want to be.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2008, 5:25pm

Thanks guys, I ride for tons of reasons an now it is starting to be fun as well, I DO carry lots of those extra large bandaids with me though  Grin for occasions like I had at WRLs ROS turning onto White Rock Lake rd just before we finished the ride  Wink

Today was a good day in spite of the 21+ mph winds, I logged a tad over 41 miles solo.  Man it sure was muggy out today. glad I picked up a new 50oz bladder and insulated drinking tube at Bicycles Inc the other day, I used it all today.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2008, 11:16am

Quote from Richard on May 25th, 2008, 8:57pm:
Way to go Joe! It is great seeing you so high up on the bikejournal list. Buzz those upwrongs every chance you get!

RichardC

Hey Richard, thanks, I am amazed myself truth ne told.  
I am curious if there are any more recumbent riders with disabillities our group has lurking here  Cheesy? I know Eddie does, but don't know any others. I think it would be cool if more would join us. We will most likely never be able to match distance and speeds of many recumbent riders but we could have our own crew hang together on events and meet up with the long distance people at a predetermined location. That way we could all ride and not have to worry about slowing up others and still have a great time. I ride solo a lot because of this as Eddie has of late had more pressing things to do.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2008, 12:37pm

Always good to hear about a good ride with non-recumbents getting passed. I usually check against Texas on bikejournal since well ... it moves me higher up the list since there are less people on it  embarrassed

Looks like you are on page 7 for texas
http://www.bikejournal.com/profile.asp?sort=distance&city=All&state=Texa s&country=USA&page=7

For myself 13.73mph average speed for the year so if we ever meet up at a ride I'd be another for the slower group.

My heart/legs just get worn out dragging this body around even on a highracer. 12 miles or so is probably a little past my limit for fast riding then I'm on empty and my body is revolting. I ride mostly on the road so there isn't much buzzing upwrongs for me to do since I'm mostly commuting the stopping at lights/signs and they are blowing them there is no reason to pass them unless there is alot of open road ahead.

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2008, 12:41pm by evblazer »  

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #6 - May 27th, 2008, 6:27pm

Hey, we are a group of misfits with a common purpose - to share our love of bents.  Doesn't matter what our personal agendas are.  I'd never belittle anyone here for doing less/more mileage or that their speed differs from mine, or that they have different goals.  Are are welcome!

...evenguys who ride barons with 559 front wheels.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #7 - May 27th, 2008, 6:27pm

*cough*sandbagger*cough*

Quote from evblazer on May 27th, 2008, 12:37pm:
Always good to hear about a good ride with non-recumbents getting passed. I usually check against Texas on bikejournal since well ... it moves me higher up the list since there are less people on it  embarrassed

Looks like you are on page 7 for texas
http://www.bikejournal.com/profile.asp?sort=distance&city=All&state=Texa s&country=USA&page=7

For myself 13.73mph average speed for the year so if we ever meet up at a ride I'd be another for the slower group.

My heart/legs just get worn out dragging this body around even on a highracer. 12 miles or so is probably a little past my limit for fast riding then I'm on empty and my body is revolting. I ride mostly on the road so there isn't much buzzing upwrongs for me to do since I'm mostly commuting the stopping at lights/signs and they are blowing them there is no reason to pass them unless there is alot of open road ahead.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - May 27th, 2008, 9:24pm

Quote from aikigreg on May 27th, 2008, 6:27pm:
Hey, we are a group of misfits with a common purpose - to share our love of bents. Doesn't matter what our personal agendas are. I'd never belittle anyone here for doing less/more mileage or that their speed differs from mine, or that they have different goals. Are are welcome!

...evenguys who ride barons with 559 front wheels.

True Greg,  I just hate waiting for those slow carbon fiber DF's, don't you  Grin Grin, so when they catch up I give them a few min. to catch their breath before I beat them to the next county line marker.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print