Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 3:43am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GDB Sunday Roll, pre-Sadowski (Read 905 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

GDB Sunday Roll, pre-Sadowski
May 15th, 2008, 9:35am

For anyone interested in spending most of their Sunday on the bike, please consider joining me on the GDB Sunday Roll (before the Sadowski ride), that departs from Preston/Royal at 9AM sharp.  We do a winding 30-35 miles, in no-drop form, with cruising speeds of 15-18, exploring Dallas.  We take one break after about 12-15 miles, and typically arrive back by noon.  Occasional hill climbing typically occurs, with regrouping.  I have no idea where we're going, it could be east/west/south/north, Downtown Dallas, Las Colinas, Carrollton, Garland...  that's the fun of this particular ride!

http://www.greaterdallasbicyclists.com/webcalendar/view_entry.php?id=485&dat e=20080518

You can also peruse the GDB photo section, to see some of the things we encounter on the Sunday Roll (and other group rides):  http://www.greaterdallasbicyclists.com/gallery/index.php

My plan is to do this ride, grab lunch somewhere in the area (probably with Terrie at a pizza place near Snider Plaza), then head over to WRL for the RBENT ride's 2PM departure.

Mark Allen and Lynn Morrow are typically the only other two 'benters along with me on the Roll, so more are always welcome.  However, please consider your overall fitness level regarding your ability to do 30+ in the morning, and another 30+ in the afternoon...

[I may be a REAL glutton for punishment....errrr.. pleasure..., and may actually ride from home to do these rides, which would give me ~200 miles for the weekend...  depends upon how Cross Timbers goes!!!]

« Last Edit: May 15th, 2008, 9:38am by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: GDB Sunday Roll, pre-Sadowski
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2008, 9:52am

Well, given my current lack of fitness, I won't say yes, but I will say maybe.  60 leisurely miles shouldn't be a big deal with a big break in-between.  I could use it all, since next weekend is the mineral wells 200k.   But it depends on how the saturday Century goes.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2008, 10:20am

Greg, if you come, ride the CAero, not the TiCa -- it's more group friendly...   Wink

Bud_Bent

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2008, 11:44am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on May 15th, 2008, 10:20am:
Greg, if you come, ride the CAero, not the TiCa -- it's more group friendly... Wink

Does Greg even have a rear wheel for his TiCa?

If I decide to ride Sunday rather than fish, I have no idea how I'll feel, either. I did some sprinting during my ride yesterday, and felt great, no hint of asthma. So who knows, maybe the cool dry post-front north wind Sunday was a big player in causing my asthma attack, and maybe the asthma had more to do with my lack of strength than I thought. I'm just going to play it by ear as I go until I'm armed with better medication.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - May 15th, 2008, 12:27pm

Bud, I've definitely felt better as the week has worn on, so I think just the overall air quality with all the pollen and humidity was a huge factor.

And no, my wheel still hasn't shown up yet.  Garrie is custom-making an aluminized wheelcover for me, so I'll be without for a bit.  Too bad, cause I wanted to take it Saturday.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #5 - May 16th, 2008, 2:44pm

Turns out I won't be doing the Sunday morning ride, after all -- just checked my calendar, and discovered forgotten plans....

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print