Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 10:41pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Fun Group Ride in Flower Mound on Saturday's (Read 447 times)
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

A Fun Group Ride in Flower Mound on Saturday's
May 4th, 2008, 9:17pm

Early Saturday, I was out for a 30 mile intensity ride, before hooking up with Angie a little later.  I was in Double Oak on my way back to Flower Mound and a group of about 20 cyclists passed in the opposite direction.  I thought I recognized one of them, so about 1/2 mile later my curiousity got to me, and  I turned back and caught up with them.

Long story short.... There is a group of very nice cyclists that leave at 9am every Saturday from the Double Oak school, which is a stone throw from EVBLAZER's house.  This is a "no drop" group, and they ride to a coffee shop in Argyle.  I rode with them for about 8 miles, and they stopped to regroup at least 3 times.  

For anyone interested, this next Saturday, I'm going to ride an early morning "hard" ride for about 20 miles, then make my way back to the school, and hook up with Angie and ride with this group.  

Call me if you'd like an easy, coffee shop ride at 9am next Saturday (and every Saturday).  My cell number is 817 975 8638

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
evblazer
Five Star Member

Restricted from
Riding Long Distance
or Hills

Re: A Fun Group Ride in Flower Mound on Saturday's
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2008, 10:28pm

Yeah I see some folks gathering there on Saturdays. Usually I pass then on my xtracycle on the way to do some shopping or they are packing up when I'm on my way back with a load of stuff. This weekend is the horse country time trial so I will be up in aubrey in the am trying to not be slower then who ever flats out  Cheesy Then we have the Cross Timbers Classic so maybe after that I might try and ride with y'all.

In case anyone is looking it up the ride starts on the north parking lot of Downing Middle School in Flower Mound on the corner of Bridlewood and Waketon. It is right next to Double Oak town hall/pd.

Mark Hastings
Hurricane & Oregon - Need to lose weight to ride, I hate my new meds Sad
Merlin Road - Short distance speed bike
Fuji Touring Xtracycle Shopping Hauler Bike
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print