Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Jun 26th, 2024, 1:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TOUR DALLAS RIDE (Read 484 times)
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

TOUR DALLAS RIDE
Apr 6th, 2008, 11:12am

Hi gang, from what I read about the bent party, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. Hopefully next time, I'll be in a position to attend. I am starting to learn the mass transit systems available to us now and like Paul stated in a message, taking the Tango won't be a problem at all.  
The trains have special seats that fold up long enough for my Tango to park in  Smiley and it even has a mechanism to lock the rear wheel down so you can relax. The train ride actually turned out to be very pleasant, much to my surprise because I had no worries of crazy drivers doing dumb stuff on the road. It does make a difference.  
My next TRE ride is to downtown Ft.Worth, I plan to ride the Trinity Trails on the north side and do some fun ride exploring. If anyone is interested in riding during the week there, let me know and we can have a bit of fun.
The Tour Dallas was fun, but some of those roads truly could use a fresh layer of pavement  Wink on them, but it was a fun ride. It was great to meet some of the bent gang there, every bent was different and there were several trikes that were doing solo's having a good time. I am going to start riding into Dallas's Union Station then taking the Blue bus out to White Rock a bunch this summer for sure, so hope to get to know more of the rbent gang. Paul and I started riding bents about the same time and rode one very bumpy, windy ride together. Eddie and I stayed together and Paul would wait for us a lot at the top ot the hills  Cheesy.  
See you all down the trail sometime.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Re: TOUR DALLAS RIDE
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2008, 2:28pm

Quote from jman on Apr 6th, 2008, 11:12am:

My next TRE ride is to downtown Ft.Worth, I plan to ride the Trinity Trails on the north side and do some fun ride exploring. If anyone is interested in riding during the week there, let me know and we can have a bit of fun.

I ride the Trinity Trail pretty often on Thursdays, leaving at the trailhead at the north end of Taylor street around 4:30.  Usually at least one other bent (Charlie) and 2-4 uprights (or is it upWRONGS?!) from the office.  Sometimes we go fast and sometimes take it easy.  I'll try to remember to post something before the next one.  We'd be glad for you to join us.  It's a decent trail system and you can tack on a bunch of miles at the end going around park roads at Lake Benbrook if you want to do something longer with a few hills.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
jman
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: TOUR DALLAS RIDE
Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2008, 7:02pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind also. Just so you know, I'm a bit on the slow side on trails I usually only avg. around 12mph  Smiley My moto is "I don't ride fast, but I do ride often" When I get out to hwy 157 I improve a bit to abt 16 mph depending on how stiff a wind I have to deal with. Dodging dump trucks is starting to become a more frequent event now that a new subdivision is being built near the East side of River Legacy Park.

My car is a Recumbent
Bent in Ft.Worth
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print