Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 3:09am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Used Giro available at Angletech (Read 1701 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Used Giro available at Angletech
Feb 4th, 2008, 3:38pm

Just noticed this, thought it might catch someone's fancy....
PB

http://www.angletechcycles.com/trades.htm

ANGLETECH/BACCHETTA GIRO ST27, SM, PURPLE

Our popular ST27 level spec. Hand built wheels, Ritchey Pro sealed hubs, DT spokes, Bontrager rims, ASYM drilled in the rear, Vredestein S Lick 1.3 width tires, 11-34 cassette, Avid Arch Rival brakes with Avid 7 levers, Suntour Superbe cold forged crank, 28-42-52, Phil stainless sealed BB, SRAM PC59 chain, Ritchey WCS lifetime headset, Shimano XT rear derailleur, Shimano 443 front derailleur, Dura Ace Bar End shifters, 2 Ribcages, Computer, 901 mirror, Teflon coated cables, leather grips. Excellent condition.
$2686, new, as equipped.  $1795.

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Used Giro available at Angletech
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2008, 9:31pm

No thanks i...uh, well....have something different on the way...... lips sealed

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
bent_eagle

Recumbents Rock!

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008, 9:34pm

Quote from aikigreg on Feb 4th, 2008, 9:31pm:
No thanks i...uh, well....have something different on the way...... lips sealed

Cheesy
C'mon, spill it!  Or at least give us some clues?

Steve W
Bacchetta Ti Aero
  IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2008, 6:20am

It has already been leaked on another forum, BROL I think it was.  I thought Greg was pretty much a die-hard low racer, till I read about this impending aquisition.  Way to go Greg!  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2008, 9:59am

Come on Greg - you wrote in a post to me about a week ago that you had a surprise for me in a couple weeks.  I haven't slept well since....

My wife has never ridden a bent, and has back pain on her DF.  I've been thinking of getting her a Giro 20, size small as she is 5'2". Would I be better purchasing her a new Giro 20? Does anyone have one she could borrow/test?

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2008, 11:13am

Hi Ray,

you know how short my legs are, and I've test ridden a Giro 20 and found it very manageable.  More manueverable than a LWB but still good for the short person.  Hard to beat a LWB with low bottom bracket (stratus, tour easy, bellandare) for the short legged and comfort, but they do have a few other issues (size for one).

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2008, 7:07pm

Might also give the v-rex a try.  My wife is 5'2" and loves her bike - rode it in Ragbrai year before last!  She'd be welcome to test it out too, and have the comfort of the big wheel in back.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2008, 8:05pm

My wife has never ridden a bent, and has back pain on her DF.  I've been thinking of getting her a Giro 20, size small as she is 5'2". Would I be better purchasing her a new Giro 20? Does anyone have one she could borrow/test?
Ray, when Angie and I rode, she tried my V-Rex and she liked it.  She's welcome to test ride it if she wants as well I have the Bacchetta Cafe.  Both of these bikes are low enough for me.  The only issue with the Bacchetta is that the handle bars are almost in my line of sight.  I can get the stem trimmed, but I just haven't.

Dianna

IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2008, 9:15am

Dianna - since I still don't know much about the different types of bents, I had forgotten which bike of yours she tried.  I do remember that we couldn't get the pedals off, so you and Angie did a pretty easy ride.  At that time she wasn't that serious, just testing the waters.  However, she's now very interested.  

Do you ride the V-Rex much?  In other words, if we did borrow it, I'd want to make sure it wouldn't hamper you in any way.  I'm riding a 200k this Saturday.  Perhaps if you're still willing, we could work something out in the next couple weeks.  I really appreciate the offer, and would like to surprise Angie..  Would you come ride with us, or would you want me to come and pick it up form you?    Thanks again Dianna

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2008, 2:12pm

Ray, I do ride the V-Rex most of the time.  We could get together for Angie to test ride it and I can bring the Bacchetta Cafe as well.  The Cafe has a lower seat and a little longer wheel base for her to compare.  Even though the V-Rex is a little higher, I still perfer to climb hills on it, but I preferr the Cafe on long tours.  See, everyone should have at least two recumbents.  Angie rode the EZ-1 when we did the Flower Mound ride which has a lower bottom bracket.  The V-Rex and the Cafe both have the high bottom bracket, but they're not as laid back as your Corsa.  You can email directly to dfain99@yahoo.com.

IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2008, 2:25pm

I've got another friend who's 5'2" that I'm trying to sway to the 'bent side of things, so I'll be interested to see what Angie sez....

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2008, 9:42pm

Dianna - either Angie or I will reach out to you next week.  We appreciate the offer.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2008, 12:57pm

Quote from bikerteam on Feb 5th, 2008, 9:59am:
Come on Greg - you wrote in a post to me about a week ago that you had a surprise for me in a couple weeks.  I haven't slept well since....

If you live in the north Dallas area, Plano Cycling, just off Hy75, has a Giro 20.  I just rode it yesterday.  In Dec, I was looking at the Giro 26 and they let me take one for the weekend.  I put 50 miles on it.  I didn't buy it, but I plan to buy one from them shortly.

Richard

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print