Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 5:14am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Kennedale - Briaroaks on Saturday (Read 2690 times)
Bud_Bent

Kennedale - Briaroaks on Saturday
Jan 28th, 2008, 1:13pm

As has been suggested, weather permitting, I'm planning on doing my Kennedale - Briaroaks ride at 9:00 am, Saturday, February 2nd. The length and starting time of this ride are both subject to change, depending on weather and who shows up to ride. If the day is as nice as forecast, and everyone wants to do a long ride, we could do the 86 mile route (Bikely link, Photobucket cue sheet/map). If that proves too much for my present feeble condition, or we get a late start, or everyone just wants a shorter ride, we could do the 53 mile route (Bikely link, Photobucket cue sheet/map). There's also a bailout at mile 15 for a 33 mile version (Bikely link, Photobucket cue sheet/map).

These are small, low traffic rural roads, with no monster climbs. The ride starts at Sonora Park, which is on FM 2025 (New Hope Road), just south of Kennedale.

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008, 1:15pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Re: Kennedale - Briaroaks on Saturday
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2008, 3:40pm

Bud,

I marvel at your recovery. Keep up the hard work!

Richard

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2008, 5:14pm

Bud, Peggy & I will be there. I like the start time.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2008, 5:24pm

Hi Bud!

maybe you should consider submitting the route to RUSA as a permanent.
Looks like a great route!  Keep up the recovery!

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2008, 10:09am

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day, tomorrow. It'll be in the forties in the morning, warming to the upper sixties, with less wind than we've seen all week. Is it just going to be Steve, Peggy, and I riding? What start time and distance would y'all like to do?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2008, 1:29pm

Bud,we'll be there a little before 10:00am.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2008, 2:54pm

Bud:  I'd consider coming except for two issues:  1.  I'm not up for anything approaching an 86 mile ride, and 2.  I'm nowhere near y'alls class for speed on anything longer than 20 miles or so.  53 might be possible if there are some breaks, it's pretty flat and the speed doesn't get too high for too long.
I'd like to come, but don't want to slow you guys down or cause you to do less miles than you'd like.  Let me know what you intend on doing and I'll decide wether I can handle it or not, or I suppose I could bail to the 33 mile route.
Robert

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2008, 6:00pm

Quote from robert.j on Feb 1st, 2008, 2:54pm:
Bud: I'd consider coming except for two issues: 1. I'm not up for anything approaching an 86 mile ride, and 2. I'm nowhere near y'alls class for speed on anything longer than 20 miles or so. 53 might be possible if there are some breaks, it's pretty flat and the speed doesn't get too high for too long.
I'd like to come, but don't want to slow you guys down or cause you to do less miles than you'd like. Let me know what you intend on doing and I'll decide wether I can handle it or not, or I suppose I could bail to the 33 mile route.
Robert

It appears everyone wants the 10:00 am start, and the 53 mile route, so that's what I'm planning on. The scheduled stops on that route are stores at mile 22 and mile 43. There are a couple of other early stores that could be optional stops, but not much between mile 22 and 43. Considering my conditioning right now, I can't imagine doing a really fast pace, but the route isn't flat; it's almost all rolling hills. They're not really steep and not really long, but rolling hills, nonetheless.

If you're up for the distance, come on and join us, it's a great route!

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2008, 6:02pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
beertruck

rbent member

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2008, 6:39pm

Hi Bud:

I'm Rick/Beertruck.  Due to byzantine vehicle registration laws in the fine state of Texas, I find myself in Dallas tonight, a day earlier than planned with my Carbon Aero.  Would you mind a gravitationally enhanced, recent Houstonian joining the ride? A 53-mile ride with some rolling hills sounds like fun.  I presume 10:00am in Kennedale is the ride start?  I found Sonora Park on Google Maps and now have directions.  If the speed is below 20 mph, I should be able to hang...I think.  Roads that curve gently upwards is a novel concept for someone who rides in Houston..  Wink  

My original plans were for the SuperBowl ride on Sunday.  I'm planning on riding that one from Ft. Worth.

Thanks,  
Rick
405-623-6886

"I'm like my beats funky. I'm spunky. I like my oatmealy lumpy" - Shock G

04 Reynold T-Bone 700
06 Bacchetta Corsa
07 Bacchetta Carbon Aero 700
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2008, 7:04pm

Quote from beertruck on Feb 1st, 2008, 6:39pm:
Hi Bud:

I'm Rick/Beertruck. Due to byzantine vehicle registration laws in the fine state of Texas, I find myself in Dallas tonight, a day earlier than planned with my Carbon Aero. Would you mind a gravitationally enhanced, recent Houstonian joining the ride? A 53-mile ride with some rolling hills sounds like fun. I presume 10:00am in Kennedale is the ride start? I found Sonora Park on Google Maps and now have directions. If the speed is below 20 mph, I should be able to hang...I think. Roads that curve gently upwards is a novel concept for someone who rides in Houston.. Wink

My original plans were for the SuperBowl ride on Sunday. I'm planning on riding that one from Ft. Worth.

Thanks,
Rick
405-623-6886

Rick,

Your reputation precedes you; I'm fairly certain my pace on my best day wouldn't be too fast for you, and it's a safe bet it won't be, six weeks after my lung surgery. I have extra cue sheets printed. It's a 10:00 am start at Sonora Park. Come and join us, we'd love to have you along!

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2008, 7:08pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
beertruck

rbent member

Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2008, 7:12pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Feb 1st, 2008, 7:04pm:
Quote from beertruck on Feb 1st, 2008, 6:39pm:
Hi Bud:

Rick,

Your reputation precedes you; I'm fairly certain my pace on my best day wouldn't be too fast for you, and it's a safe bet it won't be, six weeks after my lung surgery. I have extra cue sheets printed. It's a 10:00 am at Sonora Park start. Come and join us, we'd love to have you along!

Bud:  Whatever they (whoever "they" are) said, isn't true!!  Unless its something positive...then its REALLY not true..  Wink  

Wow, lung surgery!! You must be making an incredible recovery!!  You'll probably still kick my fat butt up the "rolling" hills...I'll try not to breathe all available air on the uphills.  Wink

See ya there...Thanks!!

"I'm like my beats funky. I'm spunky. I like my oatmealy lumpy" - Shock G

04 Reynold T-Bone 700
06 Bacchetta Corsa
07 Bacchetta Carbon Aero 700
Email   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2008, 9:21pm

I'm planning to join you also.

Ken

Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2008, 9:41pm

Quote from catroad254 on Feb 1st, 2008, 9:21pm:

Ken

Ken ,glad you can make it. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2008, 9:58pm

Quote from catroad254 on Feb 1st, 2008, 9:21pm:

Ken

Good deal, Ken!  

Anyone else who is still thinking about it: It's a 10:00 am start, so you can still decide to join us after you get up in the morning.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2008, 10:11pm

Tried my bike shoes tonight and my foot is still too swollen to do anything at all, so My planned trip around the block is still out, I'm afraid!  Back to the handbike.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print