Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 2:35am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
whoo-hoo! (Read 431 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

whoo-hoo!
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:29pm

Took my first steps yesterday with my scooter reversed as a walker, and today with crutches. I'm gonna take it slow, but looks like I'm gonna be back in action soon!

...so I've already got a new crank and bottom bracket for the tica coming Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: whoo-hoo!
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2008, 1:23pm

Great news! Just be sure to not overdo it for a while.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2008, 4:12pm

Follow your Dr.'s and therapist's instructions, when they say push it go ahead and push it, but not until then. I learned this the hard way with a Gluteus Medius that is only about 2/3 functional because I led an aerobics class 3 days post-op from having the hardware removed from my hip. Now I have to carry the cane everywhaere in case I have to walk over uneven ground.  cry I hate being restricted, but if I had paid attention to my Dr. I would be living under a lot fewer restrictions now.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2008, 9:56pm

I'm playing it cool.  He said I could gradually start to put pressur eon it.  My toes still look like little vienna sausages, and the swelling gets worse if I walk too much, so I'm just doing a few steps here and there.

Got on the exercise bike at the gym for 5 minutes pedalling at level 1.  Burned a whole 11 calories.  Yippee!  Where's my chocolate cake?
I was able to lift some weight with the left leg though - hopefully rebuild some lost muscle

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print