Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 7:59am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bent Christmas lists (Read 316 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Bent Christmas lists
Dec 6th, 2007, 8:32pm

OK everybody, this is the thread where you share your bentcycle wishes for the season. This can be either a list of things (material wishes) or conditions (spiritual wishes).

I have a very long list this year:

1. A whole dadgummed lane on the road, no cars passing close enough to take dirt samples and see where they've been lately.

2. 2 boxes of SRAM PC-951 chain.

3. A police force that takes crimes against cyclists seriously, not just as the price we have to pay to use the roads.

4. Shimano Acera rear derailler.

5.Some dadgummed disability money. I'm getting tired of poverty and can't find a job.

6.A pair Breeze dropouts.

7. HG50 11-34 9-speed cassette, with individual cogs. That way the next time I trash a cassette I can just replace the bad cog, not the entire cassette.

8. I would do the "Peace on Earth" thing, but be honest, people have been wishing for that for at least the last 2000 years, and how close have we ever gotten? I'm going to wish for something attainable, like $10 a gallon gas.

9. Socks! I have been riding the same pairs of socks for so long the toes are out on just about every pair.

10. Joy to the World. It won't last, but at least it could hang around for a couple of hours.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
robert.j

rbent member

Re: Bent Christmas lists
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2007, 9:30pm

Where to start? OK, how about:
1.  Keep daylight savings time year round so there's more time to ride in the evenings in the winter.
2.  Knees that don't hurt after a hard couple of hours of pounding up hills.
3.  Sub-19 lb bent, any variety would do!
4.  Turn back the clock 20 years and discover bents when I was 35 instead of 55.
5.  No roads with curbs
6.  Downhills that are NEVER into the wind
7.  More bent riders around of my approximate ability
8.  Though it would be good for me working for an oil company (XTO) I hope we never see $10/ gallon gas.  It would destroy the economy and we'd never afford new bikes.

Rather than wishes, most of which won't come true anyway, how about thankfulness for blessings of the past year?  Not necessarily in order of importance:
1.  New Corsa -Yahhh!
2.  Wife's ongoing recovery from various medical problems
3.  Got to know Charlie and really enjoy his company
4.  I have the best job in the world
5.  3 wonderful daughters, who will all SOON be out of the house!
6.  Great church (Northwood), great friends and relatives.  God is good, though that's true even when things aren't going so well.

Robert Johnson
Bacchetta Corsa
Ventana Mtn Bike
Barcroft Columbia Tandem
Sun EZ1
1970ish French Roold
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print