Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 9:51am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ok now I'm bored..... (Read 1226 times)
Bud_Bent

Ok now I'm bored.....
Nov 18th, 2007, 8:47pm

The closest I got to a ride today was when I pushed the button to raise my hospital bed. On the bright side, I'm sure glad I'm able to tether my laptop to my cell phone. If I can't ride, at least I can surf.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Ok now I'm bored.....
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2007, 9:42pm

Ah, technology...   Grin

No fair doing situps with electromechanical assist, Bud -- unless you're studying the concept for application to 'bent bike seat adjustments!!!

Do I take this recent news as confirmation that you WON'T be doing my 200K permanent next Sunday?????

PB

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2007, 10:29pm

Call for a sponge bath - that oughta fix you right UP.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2007, 11:11pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Nov 18th, 2007, 8:47pm:
The closest I got to a ride today was when I pushed the button to raise my hospital bed. On the bright side, I'm sure glad I'm able to tether my laptop to my cell phone. If I can't ride, at least I can surf.

Join club...OK,I'm not in the hospital preparing to get jabbed like you Bud,but bored nonetheless. It killed me not to ride this past Saturday with Peggy. This injury crap BLOWS!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2007, 5:26am

You guys need to convalesce smartly so you can get back out on the road.  Good luck.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2007, 6:22am

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 18th, 2007, 9:42pm:

Do I take this recent news as confirmation that you WON'T be doing my 200K permanent next Sunday?????

PB

I don't know that yet. If they end up only doing tests, I may be good to go. If they slice and dice, my riding may have to wait.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2007, 6:29am

Bud - what hospital are you staying and for how long, or should I say what hospital are you reclining flying  Grin

If you're going to be there longer than outpatient surgery, is there anything I can bring?

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2007, 7:55am

Quote from bikerteam on Nov 19th, 2007, 6:29am:
Bud - what hospital are you staying and for how long, or should I say what hospital are you reclining flying Grin

If you're going to be there longer than outpatient surgery, is there anything I can bring?

Ray,

I'm in the Dallas VA Hospital. After a suspicious pre-op chest x-ray before my scheduled thyroid surgery, they did a ct scan and found a small (~2 cm) spm (solitary pulmonary nodule) on my left lung that they think is cancer, based mainly on its shape (spm's with a spiculated edge, like mine has, are cancer 83 percent of the time).  A biopsy is next. If it really is cancer, it's small enough they should be able to remove it with VATS (video assisted thorascopic surgery), and if they want to do anything more invasive than that, I'll be opting for a second opinion before I allow it. I may have surgery this week, or they may just do the testing and schedule the surgery for later.

I seem to be a fascination to the doctors here. I don't think they get too many patients with my fitness level.

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2007, 8:36am by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2007, 9:13am

Hey Bud,

How's the VA treating you? Several years back it was not too spiffy. I know they have made many changes  recently for the better. I made a couple sales calls out there last year and the place really looked good. They have a purchasing model that bypasses retailers and contracts directly with manufacturers for much of their equipment. Bad for me. I think it will be the model for the coming "Universal Healthcare". Well at least I hope you have a cute nurse to take your blood pressure. Be wary of the one with thighs like Greg. Hope to see you up and rolling soon.  

Richard

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2007, 9:37am

My room is fine, although it is, of course, only semi-private, and my roommate is diabetic, 150 lbs overweight, has a horrible cough, and buzzed the nurses every 10 minutes all night long. He is, predictably, sleeping like a baby now, though.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #10 - Nov 19th, 2007, 9:42am

Quote from Bud_Bent on Nov 19th, 2007, 7:55am:
Quote from bikerteam on Nov 19th, 2007, 6:29am:
Bud - what hospital are you staying and for how long, or should I say what hospital are you reclining flying Grin

Ray,

I'm in the Dallas VA Hospital. After a suspicious pre-op chest x-ray before my scheduled thyroid surgery, they did a ct scan and found a small (~2 cm) spm (solitary pulmonary nodule) on my left lung that they think is cancer, based mainly on its shape (spm's with a spiculated edge, like mine has, are cancer 83 percent of the time). A biopsy is next. If it really is cancer, it's small enough they should be able to remove it with VATS (video assisted thorascopic surgery), and if they want to do anything more invasive than that, I'll be opting for a second opinion before I allow it. I may have surgery this week, or they may just do the testing and schedule the surgery for later.

I seem to be a fascination to the doctors here. I don't think they get too many patients with my fitness level.

Bud,keep positive. Your physical level & positive attitude will get you through this.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pedalin` Peggy

rbent member

Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2007, 9:57am

Bud and Rose: If you need anything at all Please let us know.  
                                    Peggy

'07 Strada
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print