Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 3:14pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Good luck Bud (Read 3143 times)
Bud_Bent

Re: Good luck Bud
Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2007, 7:54pm

Quote from Strada177 on Nov 15th, 2007, 5:38pm:
Keep positive & keep us posted. Good luck.

While we're on the subject of health, how did your own doctor appointment today go?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2007, 9:12pm

Bud,thanks for asking. The visit went very well. The MRI showed NO tears(meniscus or ligaments). It did show IT Band Syndrome(inflamed tissue &  bursis ),a crooked knee cap(runners knee) & a bone contusion(??).  So I chill for 2 weeks, then start PT & then maybe start riding again in 4 weeks.

The Ortho stressed to start back slowly. So the New Years day 200K is out. He wants me to work up to longer distances. So Peggy & I will ride in the New Rears ride in Blue Mound(37 miles).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2007, 9:21pm

Quote from Strada177 on Nov 15th, 2007, 9:12pm:
Bud,thanks for asking. The visit went very well. The MRI showed NO tears(meniscus or ligaments). It did show IT Band Syndrome(inflamed tissue & bursis ),a crooked knee cap(runners knee) & a bone contusion(??). So I chill for 2 weeks, then start PT & then maybe start riding again in 4 weeks.

The Ortho stressed to start back slowly. So the New Years day 200K is out. He wants me to work up to longer distances. So Peggy & I will ride in the New Rears ride in Blue Mound(37 miles).

Doesn't sound too bad. I wonder how the bone contusion happened. Don't underestimate the power of physical therapy. Hopefully, the pt will have you feeling much better, soon. Winter is a good time for reduced mileage anyway. Hopefully, you'll be back up to distance stuff before spring.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2007, 6:34am

Steve, the "crooken knee cap" is very important, and what led to my surgery.  Is the patella tracking on the medial or lateral side?  My surgery was called a lateral realease.  

It is common in runner and especially cyclists to have an under developed VMO muscle.  The VMO muscle (the "M" is medial) is the quad muscle on the inside of the leg.  If that's what you have, then be sure to have your PT show you strength exercises to develop the VMO.  

I can help with this, as that's what I spent 4 month in rehab (after surgery) doing.

Good luck my friend.

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2007, 7:53am

Quote from bikerteam on Nov 16th, 2007, 6:34am:
Steve, the "crooken knee cap" is very important, and what led to my surgery. Is the patella tracking on the medial or lateral side? My surgery was called a lateral realease.

It is common in runner and especially cyclists to have an under developed VMO muscle. The VMO muscle (the "M" is medial) is the quad muscle on the inside of the leg. If that's what you have, then be sure to have your PT show you strength exercises to develop the VMO.

I can help with this, as that's what I spent 4 month in rehab (after surgery) doing.

Good luck my friend.

Ray,the patella is tracking to the lateral side.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #20 - Nov 18th, 2007, 9:40pm

Darnit, I go out of town for two days, and the whole discussion board blows up...

Anybody got an update on Bud (Sunday PM)????

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #21 - Nov 18th, 2007, 9:58pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 18th, 2007, 9:40pm:
Darnit, I go out of town for two days, and the whole discussion board blows up...

Bud is doing fine.  He is at VA in Dallas.  His phone number there is...214-302-1701.  Hospital does not allow calls in room after 10:00 p.m.  He also has his laptop with him..and when he gets a chance im sure he will keep ya posted, if not...I will,  when i come home at nite.  Thank you all for your prayers!  Tomorrow will be a big day...all kinds of testing all day.

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #22 - Nov 18th, 2007, 10:04pm

Quote from EZ-Rose on Nov 18th, 2007, 9:58pm:
Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Nov 18th, 2007, 9:40pm:

Bud is doing fine. He is at VA in Dallas. His phone number there is...214-302-1701. Hospital does not allow calls in room after 10:00 p.m. He also has his laptop with him..and when he gets a chance im sure he will keep ya posted, if not...I will, when i come home at nite. Thank you all for your prayers! Tomorrow will be a big day...all kinds of testing all day.

Rose,thanks for the update. You & Bud are in our thoughts/prayers. Positive thoughts.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print