Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 11:58am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where's everyone riding? (Read 3655 times)
Bud_Bent

Where's everyone riding?
Nov 1st, 2007, 2:16pm

Well, we know that Ray is doing a 200k out of Greenville, and Paul is leading a GDB ride (I thought 'bents were banned from that ride). I'm going to try out my new winter route, Arlington to Briaroaks. Where is everyone else riding this, the last of Daylight Savings Time, weekend?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Where's everyone riding?
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2007, 2:24pm

I'm just doing utilitarian miles around the home, going to church etc. I'll be lucky to get more than 20 miles a week unless I have to make a trip to the bike store or something like that.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2007, 5:20pm

Bud, you going to Briar Oaks?  Over here in Burleson?  You not too far from me then.  This weekend my riding will be on the Trinity Trail Saturday and Sunday after work.  We're working right on through the weekend.  What fun!  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2007, 6:03pm

I'll go with ya, Bud.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2007, 6:59pm

though there is also this ride:

http://www.wurstride.com/index.html

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2007, 7:25pm

Quote from Rawhide on Nov 1st, 2007, 5:20pm:
Bud, you going to Briar Oaks? Over here in Burleson? You not too far from me then. This weekend my riding will be on the Trinity Trail Saturday and Sunday after work. We're working right on through the weekend. What fun! DJ

I'll be starting in Arlington, heading in your direction, then riding south through Briaroaks. My original route crossed the Bethesda Road I-35W overpass, but of course they blew that up a week after I created the route, so I modified it. I haven't decided whether to ride the 93 mile route or the 58 mile route. How far are we riding, Greg?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2007, 9:01pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Nov 1st, 2007, 7:25pm:
Quote from Rawhide on Nov 1st, 2007, 5:20pm:
Bud, you going to Briar Oaks? Over here in Burleson? You not too far from me then. This weekend my riding will be on the Trinity Trail Saturday and Sunday after work. We're working right on through the weekend. What fun! DJ

I'll be starting in Arlington, heading in your direction, then riding south through Briaroaks. My original route crossed the Bethesda Road I-35W overpass, but of course they blew that up a week after I created the route, so I modified it. I haven't decided whether to ride the 93 mile route or the 58 mile route. How far are we riding, Greg?

I know where I will be riding this weekend,the couch! Still resting the knee & wishing I could get on the bike. Bud/Greg...I'm jealous. I'm thinking of riding at the Turkey Roll in Denton(on the 17th). Until then,just more stretching & wishing. Have fun.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2007, 10:11pm

I'd prefer a 9am start, and we could do the full 93 if you don't mind making several pit stops along the way!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 2:29pm

No 'bents are banned from GDB rides, that's for danged sure!!!!!!   Smiley

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 3:23pm

I thought about joining you guys for the DB ride, but I haven't been on the bike in... a while. So I think I'll plan on doing the Plano East ride and be content to see you guys during the Plano => Sachse leg.

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 3:47pm

It's not too late to join us tomorrow for a 200k out of Greenville.  The ride goes to the beautiful east Texas town of Winsboro.  

If you'd like to ride a beautiful route, on a (hope to be) awesome day, give me a call.  I have plenty of cue sheets and cards printed.

If not, just get out there and ride.

Steve, I hope you have your pretty red bike sitting on a bike stand between you and your couch!  Oh, Peggy can always ride with us.  That is, with your permission.

Also Steve, you mentioned the Turkey Trot on the 17th.  I usually ride this, but the last LSR 200k Brevet of the year is on that date.  If you can ride the Turkey Trot, you can ride the last  200k!

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 6:31pm

Quote from aikigreg on Nov 1st, 2007, 10:11pm:
I'd prefer a 9am start, and we could do the full 93 if you don't mind making several pit stops along the way!

9:00 am will work. Since we're leaving and coming back from Sublett, let's park on the other side of the parking lot, over by the Krogers convenience store.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2007, 11:51pm

Quote from bikerteam on Nov 2nd, 2007, 3:47pm:
It's not too late to join us tomorrow for a 200k out of Greenville. The ride goes to the beautiful east Texas town of Winsboro.

If you'd like to ride a beautiful route, on a (hope to be) awesome day, give me a call. I have plenty of cue sheets and cards printed.

If not, just get out there and ride.

Steve, I hope you have your pretty red bike sitting on a bike stand between you and your couch! Oh, Peggy can always ride with us. That is, with your permission.

Also Steve, you mentioned the Turkey Trot on the 17th. I usually ride this, but the last LSR 200k Brevet of the year is on that date. If you can ride the Turkey Trot, you can ride the last 200k!

Ray,I will miss riding with you tomorrow. Peggy's had a hell week(with a lot hours at a new store),so I'm pretty sure she isn't riding  tomorrow. I'm so friggin' BORED!! I've been off the bike an entire week,longer than anytime since I got the bike in early April.

You make a good point about the Turkey Roll. I saw there was a brevet scheduled for the 17th. Hopefully,the knee will be pain free/stronger,so that distance shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck,have a safe ride tomorrow & enjoy the outdoors.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2007, 8:34am

Quote from Strada177 on Nov 1st, 2007, 9:01pm:
I know where I will be riding this weekend,the couch! Still resting the knee & wishing I could get on the bike.

For those of us not capable of doing the randonneur(?) thing, what happened to your knee?

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2007, 10:05am

I've noticed sharp pain on the outside of the knee for about 2 months(prior H'NH). During the Italy Brevet(the last 50 miles) the pain was constant. I tired to ride last Friday,the pain was back in a back in a big way. I got off the bike & went to the doc who referred me to an Orthopedist.  

I was diagnosed with Ilitotibial Band Syndrome(ITBS). The IT band is a layer of connective tissue on the outside of the knee. The tissue had become inflamed due to over use/lack of stretching. ITBS is very common injury with running.

So I was told to stay off the bike for 2-4 weeks(I only heard the 2 week part)& STRETCH all the time. My butt will back on the Strada starting next Friday(for short period of time).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print