Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 3:19pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Lone Star Randonneurs Oct 20th Italy 200k Brevet (Read 3954 times)
bikerteam
Five Star Member

Exceed Your
Limitations

Re: Lone Star Randonneurs Oct 20th Italy 200k Brev
Reply #15 - Oct 19th, 2007, 7:43am

Greg - sorry you're not feeling well.  If it's any consolation, since TTTT I've had more "issues" than recent memory affords me.  As I previously posted, I've recently been very sick, had a fairly badly fractured tooth, etc, lots of business travel resulting in lack of sleep, etc...  I've been in Ohio most of the week, and Wednesday night literally had meetings that concluded at 4am yesterday.  Drove 90 minutes to the Columbus airport to catch a flight back to DFW.  Zero sleep for past two days.  Dropped my suit case on my hand yanking it out of the overhead storage., and think I have a broken middle finger on my right hand.  It hurts, and is swolen, and black & blue. Had meetings back at DFW all afternoon, that ended at 7pm last night.  Had a business dinner that ended at 10pm.  Got to be around 11:30, and up at 4am this morning for normal (ha ha) work day today.  Eyes so blurry it's literally difficult to focus on my computer screen.    

My body is so screwed up I feel as if I'm recovering from an overdose of anaesthesia.  Tonight will be the first night in weeks that I will hopefully have a normal nights sleep.  I usually check my bike, and pack my "Brevet bag" days ahead.  I need to do all that tonight and get my butt to bed as early as possible.  

I'll have to dig deep into my reserves for sufficient energy to complete tomorrow's 200k.  If I'm not at the start, it's because I couldn't get out of bed.... cry

Ray Torrey
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #16 - Oct 19th, 2007, 9:21am

Dang, we're falling apart. Greg, if it's only a head cold, with no fever, and the symptoms are mild by Saturday, I would ride. But, if you have chest congestion, any sign of fever, or feel really bad, I would just go back to bed.

I didn't have such a great health week, myself. I spent yesterday at the VA hospital getting my pre-op exam for the thyroid nodule removal surgery I'm having next month, and after I got home, they called to inform me I had flunked the chest xray. There seems to be a shadow on one lung. It was there on my last chest xray in January (before my hernia surgery), but is more pronounced now. They're setting me up an appointment for a cat scan.

It may just be scarring. I've always been bronchitis prone, had pneumonia twice when I was young, and got reminded this summer (with the bronchial spasm episode in July and bronchitis in August) that my lungs may be the limiting factor for how many miles I ride, so it wouldn't be a shock to discover that I have some lung damage. I felt great on a 98 mile ride last Saturday, so it's hard for me to believe it's too serious. Besides, I wouldn't want to miss a ride over something minor like a lung problem, right?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #17 - Oct 19th, 2007, 9:33am

It's the Wheezing Geezer Curse....!!!!!!  We've been hexed!!!!!!!   cry

(I, on the other hand, feel fine...)

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #18 - Oct 19th, 2007, 9:52am

The years, the years, curse the years! I've been hobbling around the last two days down in my back. My back has always been bullet proof until now. The doc says thats just what comes with age. Sad He asked me what I do for exercise, I gave him my bent story. He was impressed and said I would live longer. Smiley Somehow we will have to find ways to stay healthy and continue riding. You know what the alternative is.  Wink

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #19 - Oct 19th, 2007, 11:55am

Quote from Richard on Oct 19th, 2007, 9:52am:
The years, the years, curse the years! I've been hobbling around the last two days down in my back. My back has always been bullet proof until now. The doc says thats just what comes with age. Sad He asked me what I do for exercise, I gave him my bent story. He was impressed and said I would live longer. Smiley Somehow we will have to find ways to stay healthy and continue riding. You know what the alternative is. Wink

Richard,take care of the back. I had 4 consecutive years of back surgeries(a few years ago). I know what real back pain feels like. My neurologists said that back pain is a cumulative effect-what we do to our bodies when we're younger,comes back to bite us as we get older.  

Holy crap, half of Flying Recliners are falling apart(then there's Paul l,I guess we're just too mean). Greg,I hope you feel better soon. Bud,don't let the preliminary info scare you. Docs are forever seeing things on X-rays that aren't really there(usually these "spots" are shadows). Ray,geez I'm exhausted just hearing about your ordeal. You work too hard.  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #20 - Oct 19th, 2007, 5:38pm

Holy Schnikes, Bud.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

As of right now, I'm still planning on being there. An early night's sleep will hopefully help.  But I likely won't be much for conversation - my throat hurts too much.  Still not hacking anything up though, so there doesn't seem to be anything in the chest.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #21 - Oct 19th, 2007, 5:47pm

Quote from aikigreg on Oct 19th, 2007, 5:38pm:
Holy Schnikes, Bud. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As of right now, I'm still planning on being there. An early night's sleep will hopefully help. But I likely won't be much for conversation - my throat hurts too much. Still not hacking anything up though, so there doesn't seem to be anything in the chest.

Not much for conversation?? So, same old Greg? C'mon...just kidding!!  We'll see you tomorrow. I hope you're feeling better.  

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print