Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 6:04am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Little Elm Loop Ride (Read 555 times)
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Little Elm Loop Ride
Oct 15th, 2007, 10:50am

Hi Folks,

My new loop was OK, not too wild about the part through Little Elm seemed to be alot of what I presume to be traffic for people going to the lake, but after getting to Oak Point it was very nice.  Saw Peggy, Steve and several other riders heading out from Celina @0830 on FM428.  I had gotten started a bit before 0600, so didn't think I could make it to see them before they got off, but was glad they headed out the way I was coming!  The 4 miles of gravel was interesting, I like challenges, and the softer larger rock parts were all that and more.  Heading back into the headwind is never terribly fun, but the really unfun part was how busy the section on Custer after turning off Stone Bridge Ranch was.  This used to be a main route back into town for a lot of club rides, but it just seems to have too much high speed traffic now to be safe.  I'll have to modify that part.  

Here's my bikely page.
http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Little-Elm-Loop

Hope the Celina group had a good ride!

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Little Elm Loop Ride
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2007, 6:56pm

Nelson,anywhere remotely close to Frisco is not very bike friendly(IMHO). I'm not talking about neighborhood rides either. The residents of Frisco are landlocked by seriously busy roads. That's why we head 13 miles north to get out in the country-Celina. Anything south of Celina is dicey.  

Little Elm/W.Frisco is just too busy for me. How about starting in Celina & riding north??  

-Steve

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Re: Little Elm Loop Ride
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2007, 9:37pm

I will likely make a loop starting up there for any kind of group ride, but I try to get them to start near the house for me.  Going out up Coit, and Up Independence hasn't been too bad.  I'll just have to try coming back that way as well.  Things are definitely heating up in our area traffic wise though.  I can remember a few years ago there was hardly any traffic, now Saturdays seem especially busy.  Of course when gas gets to $8.00 a gallon in a couple of years I expect it'll be pretty nice riding again. Tongue Cheesy

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print