Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 5:21am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Autumn In Bonham (Read 704 times)
sstexex

rbent member

Autumn In Bonham
Sep 22nd, 2007, 4:26pm

The new start is vastly improved from the old start. They had people directing you into town and where to park. I did the 64 mile route and it is almost ideally suited for recumbents. It's mostly flat with a few rollers thrown in on mostly well worn chip seal. Did my 2nd fastest 100k ever (last one was 15 yrs ago). Saw Ken (catroad254) and Bob McClure out there too. T-shirt color was definitely different.

Email   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Re: Autumn In Bonham
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2007, 7:59am

Quote from sstexex on Sep 22nd, 2007, 4:26pm:
The new start is vastly improved from the old start. They had people directing you into town and where to park. I did the 64 mile route and it is almost ideally suited for recumbents. It's mostly flat with a few rollers thrown in on mostly well worn chip seal. Did my 2nd fastest 100k ever (last one was 15 yrs ago). Saw Ken (catroad254) and Bob McClure out there too. T-shirt color was definitely different.

Congratulations on your good ride.  I'm a little puzzled about one thing, though.  When I did the 100K last year, there were three reasonably monstrous hills out around Leonard.  Did they take those out?

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
sstexex

rbent member

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2007, 12:53pm

Congratulations on your good ride.  I'm a little puzzled about one thing, though.  When I did the 100K last year, there were three reasonably monstrous hills out around Leonard.  Did they take those out?

Yep. The 100k was a brand new route. It runs north of town now through Ivanhoe, Telephone and Ravenna. I believe the 54 mile route still has the Leonard hills though.

Email   IP Logged
catroad254

rbent member

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2007, 1:15pm

Here's a link to pictures from the ride. Got a few of us recumbent riders.

Ken

http://www.ntxe-news.com/artman/publish/article_40495.shtml

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print