Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 7:38am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
TTTT supplies (Read 2797 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

TTTT supplies
Sep 16th, 2007, 9:10pm

Bud,to avoid any duplication, are we planning which one of us is bringing what food ,or what camping equipment/supplies,etc...? How about a brief meeting after the Whiterock ride next Saturday to discuss?

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: TTTT supplies
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2007, 8:57am

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 16th, 2007, 9:10pm:
Bud,to avoid any duplication, are we planning which one of us is bringing what food ,or what camping equipment/supplies,etc...? How about a brief meeting after the Whiterock ride next Saturday to discuss?

That might be a good idea. I'm going to check out the popup camp trailer this evening, so I should have a better idea exactly what we have with it.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007, 11:06am

Thanks. It was just a thought.  I'm riding the TT course tomorrow(as I will be in Cleburne on business). I'm riding before it gets too hot(around 9:00am).  

Just let us what we need to bring,or we can talk about it Sat. after the Whiterock ride.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Rose Pedals

rbent member

Reply #3 - Sep 17th, 2007, 10:21pm

Im bringing home-made granola bars!  Bud's favorite.

Rose

I'm not short; I'm aerodynamic!
  IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2007, 3:56pm

Bud,while in Cleburne(after our ride tdoay) Peggy & I drove over to the state park & checked out the campsites. There are 2 sets of campsites(#1-15 & #16-30)each are $15 a day with electrical hook-ups. Both campsites are about 1.5-2  miles from the entrance to the Park. Capmsite #1(1-5) is very close to the lake(mosquitos)& has a jungle gym/slide(Kinds),campsite #2 is a little further from the lake(more secluded) & closer to showers. According to the Park ranger,campsites are awarded on a first come,first serve basis.

Also,FYI...next to the campsite #2 are 6 separate screened-in shelter houses that can be rented for $30 a day. They have elcetrical outlets provided. I would guess the houses to be 30' X' 20'. I'm not sure who many people they would house.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2007, 9:34pm

Not sure what Terrie and I will be bringing to share...  We could certainly provide squash, zucchini, carrots, and other veggies, as well as bread, since it sounds like the meats may already be provided by others...   And don't forget the coffee!!!   Wink

I like the screened shelter concept...  any idea if one's available, and how many it holds?

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2007, 3:50pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Sep 18th, 2007, 9:34pm:
Not sure what Terrie and I will be bringing to share...  We could certainly provide squash, zucchini, carrots, and other veggies, as well as bread, since it sounds like the meats may already be provided by others...   And don't forget the coffee!!!   Wink

I like the screened shelter concept...  any idea if one's available, and how many it holds?

Update on the Shelters...all booked-up(as of yesterday afternoon).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2007, 9:21pm

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 19th, 2007, 3:50pm:

It's a pretty safe bet the shelters were booked up months ago. That's why I reserved a campsite, sight unseen, months ago. You have to reserve way ahead of time to get a state park anything at any of the more popular state parks.

Our camp trailer has three beds. One of them isn't spoken for, but it's small. It looks like it's going to be 6:00 or 6:30 Thursday evening before I get there. I don't know yet if we can check in and get numbers and such Thursday evening, but I do know we have a 5:45 am Friday morning pre-race meeting with mandatory attendance. Is everyone going down there Thursday?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2007, 11:06pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Sep 19th, 2007, 9:21pm:
Quote from Strada177 on Sep 19th, 2007, 3:50pm:

It's a pretty safe bet the shelters were booked up months ago. That's why I reserved a campsite, sight unseen, months ago. You have to reserve way ahead of time to get a state park anything at any of the more popular state parks.

Our camp trailer has three beds. One of them isn't spoken for, but it's small. It looks like it's going to be 6:00 or 6:30 Thursday evening before I get there. I don't know yet if we can check in and get numbers and such Thursday evening, but I do know we have a 5:45 am Friday morning pre-race meeting with mandatory attendance. Is everyone going down there Thursday?

Peggy & I are planning to be there mid morning on Thursday. Let me know what I can do(I can get a campsite if the park will let me since the reservation is in your name). Also, there is max.of 8 people per campsite. I'm sure they will limit the number of vehicles as well.

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2007, 9:10am

Quote from Strada177 on Sep 19th, 2007, 11:06pm:

Peggy & I are planning to be there mid morning on Thursday. Let me know what I can do(I can get a campsite if the park will let me since the reservation is in your name). Also, there is max.of 8 people per campsite. I'm sure they will limit the number of vehicles as well.

If you could get the campsite, that would be great. I'll call them and ask. Maybe that would help. If not, if you just occupied a campsite, that would make anyone else who drives by think it was taken, and might keep it until I get there.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2007, 11:15am

No probelm. Is the reservation for 1 campsite or 2 ???

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2007, 11:40am

I just reserved one. I thought about getting two, and posted a question about it right after I reserved the one. When no one replied, I figured I'd better just stay with what I was willing to pay for.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:25pm

Is one enough(it will have to be ,'cause the campsites are sold out)? We need to talk about how/where everyone will sleep..There is an excess parking fee at campsites with more than 2 vehicles(this includes trailers).

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2007, 5:52pm

Well, Mrs Strada pulled one of the hat. We now have a 2nd campsite that's big enough for 2-4-man tents(the site has sewer/water/electricity hook-ups). It's reserved from the 27th-29th. Dodged one there...

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2007, 9:13pm

We could have left some vehicles at the main park entrance if needed, but a second campsite will be great. We won't be crowded, and everyone will be able to put some distance between themselves and Rose's snoring.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print