Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 17th, 2024, 7:19am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Horse Country TT report. (Read 2842 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Horse Country TT report.
Aug 18th, 2007, 1:16pm

Two bents this time - a 100% increase!  It would REALLY phenomenal if we could get 4 or 5 of us next time and blow the doors out of the place.

Nelson and I pulled in some good times.  The course was definitely tougher versus the time I rode in JUne.  I managed to eke out a 32.01 (I think) which is an improvement of around 29 seconds from last time.  Those hills at the end of a race just do me in.  They're not that darned long or steep - just a little much at the end of a max effort ride.

I did manage to pass 4 other riders on the course though, which is sweet considering riders start every 30 seconds instead of it being a mass start.  I gave a little "ding-ding" from the incredibell to every rider I passed.  Doing my part to reprezent, yo!   Grin  I got passed by one team rider, re-passed him,. but lost too much speed at the turn and lost ground.  Keppt him close the rest of the race, though.  

Good job, Nelson, by the way - we really destroyed some riders, and the two of us pulled in some sweet cash - 75 bucks was the prize for first place!.  If my math is right, I think my time was good for a 23.18 mph average.  Lots of room for improvement for me!

I finished decently in the pack overall, though not top 10 as I would have liked.  Too many CAT 1 riders, including a female who finished just under a minute faster than me.  Beat by a girl!   embarrassed

Stoll, a good time had by all.  Can't wait to see the pics - if there were any - I was too focused to look for them.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Re: Horse Country TT report.
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2007, 2:01pm

Great Job Greg!  It was great getting to meet you, and see your wonderful TiCa.  I sorry I just didn't have the fortitude to make myself hurt enough today.  My consolation is everybody (except you) slowed down some too.  I believe I had a 33:16, so I'm looking forward to improving upon that next month!

Take Care,
Nelson.

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2007, 2:12pm

http://www.3nf-inc.com/IC3/HCTT/Results/2007/HCTT_2007_August_Results.pdf

Thanks for coming out guys!  Today's best time was 29 something...course record is 26:32.....tells you something about the wind, eh?

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2007, 2:47pm

No kidding, although I feel the wind a little less than most, lying down on the job as I do.

Where will the pics be when they're posted?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2007, 9:34am

Generally in the TXBRA.org road racing forum, but I'll make sure you guys get a link.

Forgot to give out medals to bents and juniors....PM me your address so you can always have physical evidence of your racing career in the USCF Wink

Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2007, 3:04pm

Any return appearances of the bozo deputy from the first TT? Grin

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2007, 3:57pm

Nope.  I decided to run with just the deputy at the turnaround, and a volunteer on the course.

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2007, 5:21pm

Quote from DallasBikr on Aug 19th, 2007, 3:57pm:
Nope. I decided to run with just the deputy at the turnaround, and a volunteer on the course.

And it worked beautifully.  Every concern I had was addressed and I think it really made for a smooth and fun race.  I can't tell you enough how much I appreciated how much work you've done to make this thing go smoothly.  If every one goes like this from now on, I'll show up for every one.

One thing you may want to consider adding - a bullhorn to announce riders to get to the starting line.  That way most of us could stage below near the entrance and come up in groups of five or something.  Something like that might keep riders out of your hair a bit, which I think was a frustration for you at the starting line Smiley

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2007, 9:26pm

Actually, riders going across early was an issue, but that wasn't a problem until this time, and a result of one of our guys misunderstanding what I was looking for.  Easy to fix Smiley

Still undecided on September.  Gotta work a few things out.

DB

DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:07am

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2007, 11:03am by Bud_Bent »  
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #10 - Aug 21st, 2007, 8:17pm

Noice, mate!  Wonderful photos.  You've GOT to have it again in September (early Sept) , and guys, we've got to have at least 5 of us come and blow the doors off!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #11 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:40pm

If it happens at all, it will be the 29th.  Early enough?

Bud_Bent

Reply #12 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:42pm

The 29th is The Texas Time Trials.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #13 - Aug 21st, 2007, 9:50pm

Yep.  I had originally scheduled the HCTT for the 22nd specifically to not conflict with TT24TT Sad

But, if I go the 22nd I lose some or all of the guys that will be doing the Denton Crit literally less than 2 miles from my turnaround point.  The club loses money if I lose those racers.  And most of them wont be doing the Texas TT...

Its either the 29th or not at all...the group is still discussing Sad

DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #14 - Sep 6th, 2007, 2:04pm

I know it conflicts with TT24TT, but for those that want a shorter TT:

Pre-registration is open for the HCTT

Thanks,

DB

Pages: 1 2