Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 12:03pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tour de Paris (7/21/07, Paris, TX) (Read 4720 times)
Killer Bee
Five Star Member

CA2.0 proto type

Re: Tour de Paris (7/21/07, Paris, TX)
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2007, 2:14pm

Quote from FlyingLaZBoy on Jul 25th, 2007, 11:08pm:
...Pickle Juice.......    BLEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy

Granted, I was inside the building at HHH last year when I tried it, not hot and sweaty at Mile 70...  but...

I had the same feelings about pickle juice...UNTIL the Tour de Paris ride. After the 3rd sip of the fisrt drink,the stuff tasted NASTY,BUT after that,I downed three bottles in a flash. The label says that pickel juice has 10x's more electrolytes than the leading sports drink & it helps prevents cramps. I did not suffer from any cramps after drinking pickel juice. I will be my beverage of choice for the H'NH.

I'm sold!

I like carbon fiber
Email   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2007, 1:08am

Kevin, I built a FWD swinging Bottom Bracket SWB from a couple of BMX bikes that might be of interest to you. It rides like a cloud (cumulo nimbus), and the second prototype is a single speed (not a fixie).The seat is a little uncomfortable since I didn't have anything to cushion it, it's just bare plywood. I liked the first prototype, but it had 20"X 2.125"  tires for cruising rather than skinny race tires.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #17 - Aug 10th, 2007, 9:56am

You have that now, or just referring to one you built in the past?

I'd be interested in a REALLY cheap recumbent to ride beside my wife on her trike.  Budget is just a hair tight right now...too many bikes, not enough cash!  (also in the market for a used track bike for next year...)

DB

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #18 - Aug 10th, 2007, 7:58pm

DB,

If you really want something inexpensive, I would loan you my bentech for an extended period of time. 32.6 lbs of homemade wonder. I have put over 1000 miles on it and since the Bacchetta it is very dejected out there in the garage. It is a LWB and the bottom bracket is about seat high. Feet easily on the ground. The distance from the back to the extended pedal is 41".

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #19 - Aug 10th, 2007, 11:29pm

That's a very generous offer, and I just might take you up on it once the craziness of promoting races and doing HHH from the exhibitor perspective dies down.  But don't tell my roadie friends Cheesy

Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Aug 12th, 2007, 12:18am

I don't have either prototype in had right now. but I can throw one together in a couple of hours. I was planning on making another single speed bent after HHH anyway, just to have a little variety in my ride to church. I never shift riding to and from church anyway, so a single speed would work just dandy for me. You want a freewheel or a coaster brake? This would be somewhat of a "hairshirt" bent, but still more comfortable than a DF bike.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #21 - Aug 12th, 2007, 2:41am

I'm holding off on anything until after HHH Smiley

Rode 48 miles yesteday, got severly de-hydrated and really ill.  At the moment, NO bikes appeal to me...but that will pass.

DB

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print