Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 1:20pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
TTTT course ride II (Read 3724 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

TTTT course ride II
Jul 14th, 2007, 5:46pm

Bud, Greg, and I rode the Cleburne course today, in pretty nice weather...  We met Ray Torrey as we were getting ready, who was doing his own thing on a DF...   We did the first loop "casual" averaging about 16, paused to rest briefly, then took the 2nd lap "at speed".  Greg smoked us, finishing in about 55 minutes, I was just under 59, and Bud came in a couple minutes later (supposedly due to having to stop for a truck --  Wink )   So, we're in the ballpark to be competitive, the trick is to be able to do it multiple times over ~30 hours!!!

As mentioned, it's a 20 mile loop -- the first eight miles are a relatively long stretch of climbs, that really can sap you...  followed by a nice ~3 mile slight descent, then a series of rollers and climbs that finishes with a couple major downhills (top speed 39), then a final ~100 yard incline.  Roads are not too bad, chipseal-wise, and the truck traffic was courteous this morning.   Greg and I did a 3rd lap in the other direction, after Bud left.  The other direction is actually TOUGHER, in our opinions...

Having ridden it now, I've decided to sign up for this beating, so now we need a 4th victim / participant that can hold similar kind of speed...   DJ? Charlie? Lurkers?   We're looking to ride the course again in mid-August.

Here are some pics...   http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/flyinglazboy/TTTT%20Course/

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2007, 9:59pm by FlyingLaZBoy »  

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: TTTT course ride II
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2007, 6:40pm

My time was 59:50, so I did manage to get under an hour, just barely. That's 57 seconds better than my first try on the course, but I think that's more because of today's favorable north wind than any improvement on my part; that course still kicks my arse.

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2007, 6:40pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2007, 10:43pm

Well I think my max effort took a little more out of me than I thought, or perhaps it was the backwards lap, because I spent most of today shivering like I had the flu, with a sore neck and hot forehead.  Hopefully, I won't flake on the ride tomorrow morning, but I may call in sick for this one.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2007, 2:17pm

Yeah, I wondered if ya'll were doing this yesterday.  I made that a confirmation when I saw that gorgeous Tica at an eating establisment in Burleson, 3 miles from my house.  We were heading back in from the Peach Pedal.  Paul I'd consider and was considering doing the TTTT, but this year I just have not had the mileage I think would make me a benefit for such an endeavor.  I am thinking of volunteering though, if work schedule permits.  I'd like to join the group in August for a few runs around the course though.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Kwijybow
Five Star Member

mostly a commuter

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2007, 5:23pm

Wow Great times guys!  I figure a steady 1:05 is very competitive you guys will be smokin'.  Take the picture of Bud heading down goatneck hill and paint a large bull near the telephone poll and you have the view I got last month!

I saw Ray out past Glen Rose Saturday too Saturday on FM205/51 what time did you guys ride?

Commuter 1Cheesyavidson Impulse
Commuter 2: Motobecane Fixie
Commuter 3: Salsa Journeyman
Recumbent 1: Schlitter Encore 20
recumbent 2: Bacchetta Ti Aero
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2007, 6:34pm

Quote from Rawhide on Jul 15th, 2007, 2:17pm:
Yeah, I wondered if ya'll were doing this yesterday. I made that a confirmation when I saw that gorgeous Tica at an eating establisment in Burleson, 3 miles from my house. We were heading back in from the Peach Pedal. Paul I'd consider and was considering doing the TTTT, but this year I just have not had the mileage I think would make me a benefit for such an endeavor. I am thinking of volunteering though, if work schedule permits. I'd like to join the group in August for a few runs around the course though. DJ

*laugh* I had the oddest craving for fish N chips.    Dj, if that's where you live, I will be taking a job in Godley, and you can do a lot of riding with me.  We'd be privelidged to have you on our team, and you have plenty of time to correct yourself and put in the time to train.   Right nwo we don't have a team to field without a 4th!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jul 16th, 2007, 5:34am

Yeah Greg, heading back south towards Cleburne,  past WalMart, then Starbucks, in the distance there's a big water tank at the top of the hill on the left.  I'm at the bottom of the hill past the tank where they're putting in the new traffic lights.  Are you moving to the Godley area or will you commute from where you stay now?

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Jul 16th, 2007, 8:56am

Quote from Kwijybow on Jul 15th, 2007, 5:23pm:
Wow Great times guys!  I figure a steady 1:05 is very competitive you guys will be smokin'.  Take the picture of Bud heading down goatneck hill and paint a large bull near the telephone poll and you have the view I got last month!

I saw Ray out past Glen Rose Saturday too Saturday on FM205/51 what time did you guys ride?

It took an average heart rate of 170 to get me around the loop in less than an hour. I doubt that I could do that for 6 laps in a day and a half. I'd be blown up before the end. Much like endurance riding without the long breaks, I guess part of the job is figuring out what kind of speed you can sustain, but still be able to finish.

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2007, 8:58am by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #8 - Jul 16th, 2007, 2:06pm

Quote from Rawhide on Jul 16th, 2007, 5:34am:
Yeah Greg, heading back south towards Cleburne, past WalMart, then Starbucks, in the distance there's a big water tank at the top of the hill on the left. I'm at the bottom of the hill past the tank where they're putting in the new traffic lights. Are you moving to the Godley area or will you commute from where you stay now?

I'm using this whole next year to figure out if I want to move out of Texas.   Then, if I want to stay in Texas, do I want to move to Austin, or stay in the DFW area?  Last year it would have been Austin, no contest, but Bud has become such a good training buddy and great friend, and I've met so many great new people, that it's a tough decision now.

So this year I'm commuting from hell, and then if I stay We'll sell the house and move to a townhouse either just south of downtown FW, or maybe even in downtown FW, if I can find a place that'll let Alexis and I be car free except to commute to work.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jul 16th, 2007, 3:33pm

Hey Greg,  

I have had a couple of customers that live in the old Electric Building right down town FW. I have been there on several occasions during work hours and after 5:00. Thats a pretty cool place.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2007, 9:01pm

apts. or condos or townhomes?  Any idea what the place is called?

We looked at the new condos going in at the old Montgomery Ward warehouse, but they're WAY out of range.  But GOD do I want one!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2007, 9:52pm

Danger, Will Robinson!!! Thread Hijack!!!     Roll Eyes

FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2007, 9:41am

Now all we need is a bit more whining and a few malicious trolls, and we'll be just like bikejournal!  (No offense, DB.  There's only so much the moderators can do.)

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2007, 9:43am by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:05am

embarrassed

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
DallasBikr

rbent member

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:09am

Quote from FooRider on Jul 17th, 2007, 9:41am:
Now all we need is a bit more whining and a few malicious trolls, and we'll be just like bikejournal!  (No offense, DB.  There's only so much the moderators can do.)

Wow...hadn't read this thread until just now....what good timing on your post Foo Smiley

I'm still undecided on the TT24TT since the 6 and 12 hour events are gone, replaced by 100 and 200 milers.  I guess I should keep that to myself, since I'll be upright regardless Smiley

-DB, friend of 'benters...

(Horse country...less than two weeks out...HINT HINT HINT!!!!) Tongue

WWW DallasBikr   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #15 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:33am

Quote from Richard on Jul 17th, 2007, 10:05am:
embarrassed

Just in case you might have gotten the wrong impression, my comment about bikejournal wasn't a shot at you, Richard.  I don't think there's anything wrong with thread drift, because that's just the way conversation works.  

I was referring to Paul's comment about thread hijacking, which, along with trolling and whining, has sadly become too much of a common pasttime over on the bikejournal forum.  

Also, my apologies for pulling this thread further off course.  Shutting up now.   lips sealed

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2007, 10:36am by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #16 - Jul 17th, 2007, 12:44pm

Danger, Double Thread Hijack!!!!     Grin Grin Grin Grin

aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #17 - Jul 17th, 2007, 1:12pm

That's the way I see it too.  Each thread may start as a different topic, but as more and more people come and sit around the table, conversation goes in tangents.   I've been on chat software since LONG before teh intarweb, so that's what I got used to doing as a SysOp myself back in the day.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #18 - Jul 17th, 2007, 3:48pm

Confie un pa del fo?  Wink

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #19 - Jul 17th, 2007, 3:52pm

No offense taken. I was simply thinking that Maliciuos Trolls would be a good name for the 4 man team.
And besides, there is a lot I don't know about online etiquette. I think this post has done it again.  lips sealed

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print