Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 18th, 2024, 11:11pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Mesquite Rally, June 2 (Read 8090 times)
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Mesquite Rally, June 2
Reply #30 - Jun 1st, 2007, 12:36pm

Sue - my wife Alexis is coming on her black v-rex.  Meet us at the start and you two can ride together for a while I bet.  She's not doing the 56 either.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
FooRider

baccheater   '06
Corsa

Reply #31 - Jun 1st, 2007, 1:03pm

Quote from suecoop on Jun 1st, 2007, 11:05am:
This is my first ride and I'm doing the 20 and hoping to do longer rides soon.

You didn't mention what sort of pace you're interested in, but if it's in the 8-9 mph range, you might keep an eye out for my lovely bride, Cheryl.  She'll be doing the 20-mile route on her electric blue handcycle and would enjoy the company.

« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2007, 1:05pm by FooRider »  

Lie Back. Ride hard. Grin like a monkey.
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2007, 2:00pm

This is my first ride and I'm doing the 20 and hoping to do longer rides soon.  
Linda

Congrats in advance on your first rally ride, Linda...  My first one was the 40 miler Wildflower two years ago, and I'd never done more than 20 before.  Just enjoy the ride, and take advantage of the rest stops -- you paid for it, you may as well eat/drink!!!

Paul

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
suecoop-Linda

rbent member

Reply #33 - Jun 1st, 2007, 2:26pm

You didn't mention what sort of pace you're interested in, but if it's in the 8-9 mph range, you might keep an eye out for my lovely bride, Cheryl.  She'll be doing the 20-mile route on her electric blue handcycle and would enjoy the company.  

I think that may be my pace.  I look forward to meeting Cheryl and Alexis.  Oh heck I'm looking forward to seeing faces with names of all of you guys. I've been averaging about 10-12 (I think) with Richard at Campion Trails.  I'm not looking for speed, just finishing my first rally without having the SAG folks have to pick me up!  Shocked  
I have a blue Burley.  I will be with Richard.  I'll most likely be the one with the "I signed up for this?" look on my face. Tongue

Specialize Mountain Bike
(killing my wrists!)

Lightning Thunderbolt
  IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #34 - Jun 1st, 2007, 7:52pm

I'm going to go ahead post that I am going to this rally....but not the 56 mile route! This is my first ride and I'm doing the 20 and hoping to do longer rides soon. I'm not sure which one Richard is doing, since we are not registering until in the morning. This weather has been insane, even for Texas.
Grin Since you will be ahead of me, I won't have to worry about the "bent crew" traveling together blowing me off the road as you pass by.
Linda

Sue, my wife Alexis is coming, and she's doing a smaller ride - either the 20 or 40, so you can buddy up for a while if you like!  COme join us at the start and you can hook up.  She's riding a black v-rex with a red bag on the back.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print