Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 12:49am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
RBENT and the 2007 Hotter-N-Hell 100 (Read 15281 times)
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: RBENT and the 2007 Hotter-N-Hell 100
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2007, 3:52pm

That could be one miserably hot three+ days, guys...   Tongue cry  But, what the heck...

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2007, 6:04pm

Y'all are more gung ho than me. I want to drive down Friday night, share a room with someone, and set the ac thermostat on about 40.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2007, 6:45pm

Sounds like we can be roomies.  Having actually DONE the 100 miler, I plan on staying in the same hotel and hitting the breakfast buffet.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
MrOverdressed
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - May 12th, 2007, 4:23pm

Bud are you going to stay in Wichita Falls Saturday night?

Happy Trails! Smiley
Terry Pickl
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #19 - May 12th, 2007, 9:14pm

Quote from terranimo on May 12th, 2007, 4:23pm:
Bud are you going to stay in Wichita Falls Saturday night?

No, I figured on driving home after the ride.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #20 - Jul 10th, 2007, 4:50pm

Regarding accomodations at the Lamar Babtist Church -- the contact is now Susan@lbcwf.org
Paul

Quote:
The Lamar Baptist Recreation Center offers accommodations at No Charge. Email brady@lbcwf.org or call the main church office at 940-723-4371. The extension is 17 for after-hours voicemail. The Family Activities Center is located at 2109 Tenth Street, although the building faces 11th .  

FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #21 - Jul 11th, 2007, 5:09pm

A return email from Susan, at Lamar...  email her for your own registration attachment.
Paul

"Yes we still have room. We have a full size gym that we section off for each person. The space allows you enough room for your bag, sleeping bag/cot and bike. We sleep the women upstairs in the aerobic room. You will have access to showers, ice and a microwave. We will provide you a map that shows how to get from our facility to the race. We are 1.78 miles from the race start. ( 6 minutes driving time) And there is no cost to stay here.I have sent an attachment for you to register if you want. I need one for each person. That is so we have a correct security list. We will also have church staff here the whole time to help keep an eye on things and monitor all people entering the building. You can e-mail it back or FAX it. "

Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #22 - Jul 12th, 2007, 5:18am

Paul, thanks for the update on who to contact at Lamar Baptist Church.  I had emailed the guy (who coordinated this last year) a couple of months ago, but hadn't heard anything.  I was getting ready to call up there, then saw your post.  I'm in, along with my bro-in-law and his son-in law.  Folks, I stayed here last year and it was great.  They had the gym COLD.  They had more than enough security.  I couldn't understand why that place was only half full last year.  For free, you can't beat it.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #23 - Jul 12th, 2007, 1:51pm

DJ, it looks like they do not supply food of any sort --   What do you recommend for obtaining dinner the night before, and something for breakfast that morning???    

Paul

Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #24 - Jul 12th, 2007, 2:07pm

I went to eat at Chili's up there because they had a manager transfer there from the one in Burleson where both my kids work, just to say hi and see how he was doing.  For breakfast, I think I took some fruit, bagels and a couple of Pop Tarts and heated them up in the micro wave, which is in the little dining area outside of the gym.  There is a Sonic about a half a block from the gym, but I don't recall if they do breakfast there.   I made sure to get a large chocolate malt for the drive home.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #25 - Jul 16th, 2007, 7:30pm

I've emailed my form to reserve my spot on the gym floor. Do we use our bikes for a pillow?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:33pm

Richard I have been reading all the postings and I am going to the HHH but I haven't decided which bike to ride yet but if you need someone to ride with I am riding 100k so I better start training on my recumbent these other guys are talking 5hr rides It might take me six  I am proply staying at the chapperell camp with some friends don't know yet it comes with two meals a bed and showers I have a bad back you know the hard floor at the church might not work for me but the price is right.  

Eddie

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Richard

rbent member

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2007, 10:53pm

Eddie,

I'll bet we could go 16-18 for 50 miles if the wind doesnt' whip up. Then just ride on until we finish or something blows. You gotta go 98 miles at least to get to that special rest stop. This will be an entirely new adventure for me. Some of the others have done it many times. John S. about 20, right John? I don't really know what to expect. I guess thats why it is so interesting to me. I  get to test myself and see if reality lines up with what's inside my head. I'm going to stay at Lamar Avenue church. That should be fun too. Several of the RBENT gang will be there.

Modified Bentech
Bacchetta Corsa

It's aaaliiiiiiiive!
  IP Logged
Rawhide

rbent member

Reply #28 - Jul 18th, 2007, 5:22am

Eddie, I know what you mean by bad back.  I've got a Coleman air mattress, full size, and it's great.  I wouldn't/couldn't do the floor on a little skimpy pad.  I've had the air mattress 4 or 5 years now.  I use it on tours, just pump it up till it's just right and it's been as good as sleeping at home.  Not much $ either.  Look forward to meeting you at HHH.  DJ

D J Boyd
Bacchetta Carbon Corsa
Bacchetta Corsa
Rans Rocket GL63
Vision R40
Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Re: Chapparal
Reply #29 - Jul 18th, 2007, 9:07am

Eddie, I stayed at Chapparal last year, along with Lynn and John Cox...  It's a good place, although the A/C in the dorm wasn't up to the 107 degree temps.  It's about 10 miles outside of town, so you'll have to deal with parking at HHH that next morning early on, which was...  (understatement warning!).... a bit tricky.   However, the food is excellent, both for dinner the night before and early breakfast.   The dorm bunk beds have your standard 3" thick foam mattress on top of plywood...

Paul

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print