Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 7:51am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone been out? (Read 3440 times)
Bud_Bent

Anyone been out?
Mar 22nd, 2007, 11:56am

The wind has been so bad this week, I haven't been on my bike since my Sunday bonkology lesson. Has anyone been riding?

It's starting to sound like the rain is going to hold off until Saturday evening. Do we need to do some hill training Saturday morning, Greg?

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Re: Anyone been out?
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:30pm

I went for a short ride last night.  Alexis and I are trying to change our workout schedules over the next couple weeks so that we'll have Wednesdays and Fridays to ride if we want.  I rode around the 'hood a bit and over to the butchers to pick up about 15 pounds of meat for the week.  The wind was howling, but I managed 14mph going there are most of the way back I was near 30.  It was a good wind!

Sounds good to me.  We could drill around my neighborhood with some short steep climbs and one long uphill, or we could do the trinity park trail and just do intervals at the tandy center.  10 of those ought to bonk us pretty good!   I got my new cranks and cassette yesterday as well.  

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:34pm

I also got the set of blue Michelin PR 2s with the cassette yesterday.  I'm strongly considering pulling that slowpokey set of tires off the p-38 and replacing them with the PR2 and a stelvio up front.   I think I'lll do that tonight if I'm too tired to go to the gym, which at the moment I definately am.  That should put a bit more pep in my step for the ride for heroes next Saturday - you coming?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 2:05pm

Quote from aikigreg on Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:34pm:
I also got the set of blue Michelin PR 2s with the cassette yesterday.  I'm strongly considering pulling that slowpokey set of tires off the p-38 and replacing them with the PR2 and a stelvio up front.   I think I'lll do that tonight if I'm too tired to go to the gym, which at the moment I definately am.  That should put a bit more pep in my step for the ride for heroes next Saturday - you coming?

I'm not sure about the ride for heroes yet. I hate committing to these rainy season rides ahead of time. I was thinking about tackling the old FWBA Aledo route Saturday. It's some tough hills, but should be less traffic than the ride for heroes route, and closer to 2000 feet of climbing than the 3100 feet of the ride for heroes.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 2:27pm

I've been out several time this week running errands and going to meetings, on my bike. I'm getting there while the weather is still warm but not meltingly hot. I'm supposed to take a ride out to Sherman sometime soon. I really need to be able to get to my welder (people storing furniture in my garage/workshop blocking my access to the welder) so I can finish the latest version of my tailbox. That's where i'm going to keep most of my Hydration on those long trips cross country. But if I can't get to my welder I have no way to attach the anti-rotation strap to keep the tailbox from dragging the ground.

Opus

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 4:07pm

Quote from Bud_Bent on Mar 22nd, 2007, 2:05pm:
Quote from aikigreg on Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:34pm:
I also got the set of blue Michelin PR 2s with the cassette yesterday. I'm strongly considering pulling that slowpokey set of tires off the p-38 and replacing them with the PR2 and a stelvio up front. I think I'lll do that tonight if I'm too tired to go to the gym, which at the moment I definately am. That should put a bit more pep in my step for the ride for heroes next Saturday - you coming?

I'm not sure about the ride for heroes yet. I hate committing to these rainy season rides ahead of time. I was thinking about tackling the old FWBA Aledo route Saturday. It's some tough hills, but should be less traffic than the ride for heroes route, and closer to 2000 feet of climbing than the 3100 feet of the ride for heroes.

I hadn't thought about Aledo.  Great idea.  I'm definitely pulling the tank treads off the bike then!

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 5:27pm

yes I have riding this week It has been windy joe and I have been riding up rights so you may call me a traitor
maybe someday  our group will have saturday morning rides were who ever shows up can ride a designated route Dianna F and I rode last week end up to grapevine on our bents and meet up with some other bent riders that was 23mi ride  
I have been exploring the ares west of the airport found another bike path to commute in grapevine  

Eddie    (bikedoc)

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:57pm

Quote from aikigreg on Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:30pm:
I got my new cranks and cassette yesterday as well.

We could install those Friday evening if you want.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #8 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:22pm

Well, I finally got in a ride this week, 27.9 miles on the Joe Pool dam today. Mark was there (and, of course, so was someone from the Decatur massacre to tell that story), and several others who were warming up for a Thursday evening ride from the Lynn Creek Marina. I need to find out if that's a weekly ride, and how many miles they do (I just stayed on the dam this evening).

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #9 - Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:42am

Quote from Bud_Bent on Mar 22nd, 2007, 9:57pm:
Quote from aikigreg on Mar 22nd, 2007, 1:30pm:
I got my new cranks and cassette yesterday as well.  

We could install those Friday evening if you want.

I've got a banquet to go to unfortunately.   Maybe Saturday after we ride?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Reply #10 - Mar 23rd, 2007, 1:58pm

Quote from aikigreg on Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:42am:

I've got a banquet to go to unfortunately.   Maybe Saturday after we ride?

We can do that.

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print