Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 15th, 2024, 4:29pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
windy ride (Read 1847 times)
Urbinrider

rbent member

windy ride
Mar 9th, 2007, 1:06pm

I went for a ride today friday 9th south wind was strong got in 30 mi and found another bike path right off the 121 and the bear Creek area I found my self way up by Ira E Woods it was a fun ride

Bud tell me what I should do to get a picture of myself in my profile  

Is the ride 100k ride for more faster paced riders or could a 12 average pace work as long as I am sure and ateady I would like to ride a 100k I might be faster in a pace line or maybe ride my up right

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Bud_Bent

Re: windy ride
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2007, 7:38pm

Quote from urbinrider on Mar 9th, 2007, 1:06pm:
I went for a ride today friday 9th south wind was strong got in 30 mi and found another bike path right off the 121 and the bear Creek area I found my self way up by Ira E Woods it was a fun ride

Bud tell me what I should do to get a picture of myself in my profile

Is the ride 100k ride for more faster paced riders or could a 12 average pace work as long as I am sure and ateady I would like to ride a 100k I might be faster in a pace line or maybe ride my up right

Eddie,

If you have a photo on your own computer, you can just click the Browse button and attach it to a message you post here. Otherwise, a photo needs to to be sitting somewhere that it can be linked directly to. Most photo sharing sites don't allow that, because they don't get to bombard you with advertising if you just do a direct link. Also, any site that requires you to log in won't be accessible by the rest of us, or this site's server, so that won't work either. If you can attach a photo to an email message to me, I can do whatever you want to do with it (post it in the Photos forum, make an avatar, etc).

What kind of 100k ride are you talking about? Pay rides tend to have riders of all kinds of speeds, so you may or may not find other riders of a similar speed to ride with. On club rides, the longer distances seem to be mostly faster riders. You just have to join some groups, and see how you do.

« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2007, 7:44pm by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
Urbinrider

rbent member

Re: windy ride
Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2007, 10:17pm

the 100k ride is with our group I saw a posting on rbent from paul about a ride on the 18th witha pace of about 15 to 17 but I might not be able to make it any way

Easy Racer Tour Easy got to love it
T W Bents Artifis
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print