Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:12pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New to me Nocom! (Read 7773 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: New to me Nocom!
Reply #15 - Feb 20th, 2018, 7:21am

Just received an email that my package has been set back another day, day of a two day delivery. Sure am glad I paid $315 for two day delivery. Regular 3-5 ground was only $170. It arrived in Fort Worth two days ago, less than 10 miles from my house.  Smiley

Now I am even more confused, FedEx just sent another email saying my package will be ready for pickup today. I am about ready to take 2-3 of my anxiety pills! Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018, 7:45am by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #16 - Feb 20th, 2018, 12:26pm

No, just the rear wheel is here. Bike tomorrow. I think I will go listen to Chris Stapleton's Tennessee Whiskey and have a few of them as I listen! At least I have a picture of the bike to look at! Ha.

Email   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #17 - Feb 21st, 2018, 2:54am

Thats what most of us get to do with Nocom's  just look at them and admire them from a distance ..

Congratulations .. I've ridden that bike, its fantastic ..    I didn't know it was for sale or I'd have chased it down myself .. When you get tired of it, you know where to find me  Grin

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 20th, 2018, 12:26pm:
No, just the rear wheel is here. Bike tomorrow. I think I will go listen to Chris Stapleton's Tennessee Whiskey and have a few of them as I listen! At least I have a picture of the bike to look at! Ha.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2018, 2:18pm

Quote from MrWizard on Feb 21st, 2018, 2:54am:
Thats what most of us get to do with Nocom's  just look at them and admire them from a distance ..

Congratulations .. I've ridden that bike, its fantastic ..    I didn't know it was for sale or I'd have chased it down myself .. When you get tired of it, you know where to find me  Grin

Thanks Doug. i am glad I saw it first! Smiley It is suppose to be here a little after 3 pm today. I might have to take a few anxiety pills and more whiskey if it doesn't come today.

I hope I never get tired of it...but if I do, you will get a call.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #19 - Feb 21st, 2018, 3:51pm

The eagle has landed! I just got home with the bike. Man, is it pretty and very light. Yee Haw! Got to got put it back together. Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #20 - Feb 21st, 2018, 4:42pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 21st, 2018, 3:51pm:
The eagle has landed! I just got home with the bike. Man, is it pretty and very light. Yee Haw! Got to got put it back together. Smiley

I have a feeling you're not going to be able to wait for Sunday's warmer, dry weather, before doing some riding.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #21 - Feb 21st, 2018, 6:27pm

You know it Jay! I have everything except the chain on. I am awaiting an answer from Warren if I need to drive the boom in with a plastic auto body hammer.  

If I have to, I will ride it in the house through the garage! Smiley I told the wife that and she says, "just try it." Hmmm. I wonder what that means. Smiley

Hot darn, I have a NoCom! Smiley I'll be seeing you guys at WRL next Tuesday.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #22 - Feb 21st, 2018, 6:46pm

I’m excited just to see one in real life.  
Of all the HPVs on Earth, that’s been my drool-over favorite for years and years.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #23 - Feb 21st, 2018, 7:08pm

You'll get to see it soon! It already has drool all over it. Ha ha. I am going to wax it up real nice. I don't even wax cars, but I am this. I can not believe how light it is. The rear wheel is honey comb cardboard sandwiched between CF disc. The front has a regular spoked rim with CF disc. I was just getting ready to buy a velomobile until I saw this for sale. Now I have to come up with another idea to convince the wife I need a velo too! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2018, 7:38pm

Thanks!  I've ridden a nocom and loved it.  They're comfortable as well as fast and fun.  I'm selling the velo actually, v since i have to be honest that I'll never rode it again.  But i hope to get out on the bike soon and maybe catch up with everyone.  
Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 18th, 2018, 5:33am:
Quote from aikigreg on Feb 17th, 2018, 9:27pm:
Dibs!!

Good to see you are posting again Greg. I hope you get to ride more this year. Come on over to WRL and try out the NoCom. Or I can come over to Benbrook again.

I will be going to Texas Motor Speedway a couple of times in the next 2 weeks to get use to riding the NoCom there, getting ready for the 17th. I am not really in good enough shape to do the 5k, 10k, and 20k, but I'll try. They have let the road deteriorate pretty bad.

Do you still have the velomobile? M5CHR?

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #25 - Feb 21st, 2018, 7:41pm

I called first dibs already!!!!!!

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 21st, 2018, 2:18pm:
Quote from MrWizard on Feb 21st, 2018, 2:54am:

Thanks Doug. i am glad I saw it first!  Smiley It is suppose to be here a little after 3 pm today. I might have to take a few anxiety pills and more whiskey if it doesn't come today.

I hope I never get tired of it...but if I do, you will get a call.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #26 - Feb 21st, 2018, 10:05pm

Yours is a Quest, isn't it Greg? Have a price on it yet? I might be interested. What to tell the wife, Oh honey, it just followed me home! Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #27 - Feb 21st, 2018, 10:06pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Feb 21st, 2018, 6:27pm:
You know it Jay! I have everything except the chain on. I am awaiting an answer from Warren if I need to drive the boom in with a plastic auto body hammer.

I drove in the carbon boom on my Velocraft VK2 by whacking one of the crank arm ends with a rubber hammer. Didn't want to take a chance of cracking the carbon fiber by hitting it.

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #28 - Feb 21st, 2018, 10:37pm

Quote from jayg on Feb 21st, 2018, 10:06pm:

I drove in the carbon boom on my Velocraft VK2 by whacking one of the crank arm ends with a rubber hammer. Didn't want to take a chance of cracking the carbon fiber by hitting it.

I got the boom in Jay, but now I have to decide whether to cut the boom shorter and the boom tube on the frame. My legs are too darn short! Might even have to cut a chunk out from the frame and seat, and put it back together and reinforce it. I don't think I would stretch enough by being put in a rack. Such is life. I'll make sure I can get it to fit before doing anything like cutting it. I might have to find someone who fits it and sell it. Smiley  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #29 - Feb 21st, 2018, 11:02pm

Yup. Super low miles and super will taken care of.  I haven't really thought of a price but so long as i don't lose much in it, I'd much rather give a good friend a good deal. If you decide you want it, holler at me.  

Quote from jayg on Feb 21st, 2018, 10:06pm:

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print