Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:41am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new rover (Read 3890 times)
esbee

rbent member

new rover
Jul 26th, 2017, 7:57pm

2.56 miles around the block and up and down the road ON MY NEW ROVER from the recumbent rally in paris tx from easy street ... I indulged...sold several saddle stands all at once and made enough to pay for half of a rover. got schlumpf drive and wider hander bars because we thought it would be for my husband but Mike adjusted his sun trike and steve said it felt perfect for the first time in years. what I really need is the wider seat due to the seat bars pressing on my hip where the incisions were made for the new hip...I am going numb for the first time ever. but it is a learning curve. we keep pushing the seat forward by inches which means undoing all the nuts and bolts that hold the back  fender and basket on. my legs are still mostly straight at the furtherest extension when pedaling.  
susan in paris

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: new rover
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2017, 3:23pm

Hi Susan,
You are going to really enjoy the Rover.  It's lighter than the delta trike that you have.  Keep on ridin'.

Dianna

IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2017, 5:57pm

5 mile inaugural ride on the trail de paris on the new rover which finally got adjusted and seat problems mostly taken care of. I will have to rework the new seat i made for it for just a little more comfort.  but it went great.  you can see fotos of trike and new seat on FB  

https://www.facebook.com/The-Eiffel-Benders-1921151354815014/

susan in paris Smiley

Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2017, 10:52pm

about 3.5 miles at the civic center in paris...Stephen came with me and rode his trike a little, the weather was cool and we saw an awesome display of nature in the thunder cloud over  in Hugo OK.  
susan in paris

Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

new e-assist
Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2018, 9:08pm

went almost 9 miles with the new e-assist on the trail de paris---used it quite a bit because I am out of shape and love it....susan in paris

Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

slow roll
Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2018, 6:48am

about 6 miles on the slow roll in paris tx---rode my anura trike with the new  e-assist ..they usually leave me behind on the up hills so now I thought, oh boy, I will show them all that   I can keep up now...how ironic that a 75 yr old woman asked if I would ride along side her  as she was slower than all the rest...but she pedaled using her  own power on an upright all the way whereas I cheated and used the -e assist quite a bit. so I still was left behind  as the rest pulled away from us but did not want to  leave her  behind in the heat. she had already fallen earlier in the day in her driveway skidding on some rocks and was a little bit scared of falling again.  we did get back first because being so far behind we  lost sight of them and missed one of the turns the rest took.   still a great ride---   susan in paris

Email WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print