Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 6:46am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mark makes another friend at the lake (Read 2272 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Mark makes another friend at the lake
Jun 19th, 2018, 8:11pm

2nd lap halfway up the west side had a rider wearing yellow shoes close from behind, I had a decent speed so I figured he'd blow past me but instead stayed behind about 15 feet off to the side

He stayed behind the rest of the way north and continued on the north part by NW Highway, Was heading south on the east side and of course blew the stop sign to the on/off ramp from Mockingbird. I noticed he stopped.

Kept going up Big Thicket and here he comes and gets around me at the museum/bath house

...then... (I need to start recording this stuff because I forget half the conversation)

Him: Are you retarded?
Me: What?
Him Are you fxxking retarded?
Me: You expect me to answer that?
Him: You blew through that stop sign back there
Me: So? Everyone does
Him: You ride like an a$$hole
Me: That's Mr A$$hole to you
Him: You ride like a fxxking a$$hole
Me: What's your point? (BTW I'm laughing during all this)
Him going through the barriers after the museum: Don't you need a flag on that thing
Me right behind: Nope why?
Him as I was passing: So people can see you
Me: I've ridden 15 years here and never had a problem, must be you
Him: You ride like an a$$hole old man and if your not careful I'll knock you off that bike
Me laughing: Come at me boy

Then I waved bye-bye which apparently caused him to speed up and ride 15 feet behind all the way south, then he turned off at the start of the Rails to Trails and headed south on the trail without saying another word, I of course yelled bye not sure he heard that

One thing I hate is thinking of stuff I should have said afterwards, apparently I'm an a$$hole because I ran a stop sign BUT heading north on the west side he ran the stop sign hitting the trail going under Mockingbird and while I didn't see it he had to have run the stop sign on the other side of Mockingbird because he was fairly close behind on the trail.

This guy must have been new can't wait to see him again

I love that lake!

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Mark makes another friend at the lake
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2018, 8:50pm

I am afraid if it were me he was talking to, by the 2nd ass&^L%e, I would have stated talking to him in street Braille! Then maybe a little bit of arm bar then rear naked choke so we would make sure we understood each other. Of course I am a pass-a-fist type person! Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2018, 8:51pm by jrob_bent »  

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
square_corners
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2018, 9:42pm

Love it, Mark!!!

Email   IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2018, 11:06pm

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 19th, 2018, 8:50pm:
I am afraid if it were me he was talking to, by the 2nd ass&^L%e, I would have stated talking to him in street Braille! Then maybe a little bit of arm bar then rear naked choke so we would make sure we understood each other. Of course I am a pass-a-fist type person! Smiley

That tends to attract members of law enforcement, unless the guy is trying to run me off the road I let it pass as bluster

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2018, 9:32am

Quote from mleuck on Jun 19th, 2018, 11:06pm:

That tends to attract members of law enforcement, unless the guy is trying to run me off the road I let it pass as bluster

I wish I had your demeanor. I am working on it. If I can get past the 1st 10 seconds, I tend to calm down enough to think. If the guy mouths off and leaves, I am ok. It is when they keep following me and saying things is where I am not at my best. Someone told me I reminded them of a rattlesnake. Leave me alone and I leave you alone. Keep messing with me, I will bite! Not proud of it, but that is the way I am. It is a work in progress.

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2018, 9:09pm

“Street Braille,” “pass-a-fist”!  I’m just rolling!   Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2018, 12:14am

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 20th, 2018, 9:32am:
Quote from mleuck on Jun 19th, 2018, 11:06pm:

I wish I had your demeanor. I am working on it. If I can get past the 1st 10 seconds, I tend to calm down enough to think. If the guy mouths off and leaves, I am ok. It is when they keep following me and saying things is where I am not at my best. Someone told me I reminded them of a rattlesnake. Leave me alone and I leave you alone. Keep messing with me, I will bite! Not proud of it, but that is the way I am. It is a work in progress.

If you get mad then it starts to escalate into something you don't really want but if you laugh at em they know what they are doing isn't working (unless they are psychotic or something), he was the first to keep following me afterwards not to be a threat but guess he just wanted me to fast pace him going south, most of the time they back off or get dropped, one of these days it might come to blows but until then it's lots of fun

I only spout off when they do, most of the time other riders like today just hang back and ride along, had a couple of pretty fast ones that didn't say a word

I think MAYBE 5 riders out there can't stand me, I can't tell you how many compliments I get and many thank me for pulling them along

IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2018, 9:45pm

My last visit to the lake I was riding with Joe the DF rider who rides with the Clowns. I had just finished a fast lap and was riding and talking with Joe to catch my breathe. Two young guys come by and looked at the Baron and laughed. It didn't take much persausion from Joe as he said go get them and I did. I passed them doing about 26-27 and they start coming after me saying something like hell no. We went about 2 miles before the turn off for Sunset Bay where the clowns meet and park. As I head up the hill to the parking lot I hear you son of a b&&&h. I had to laugh at that. That made my day!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #8 - Jun 21st, 2018, 9:48pm

Question for you Mark. Do you run a dropped chain setup and if so, does it help with the speed? I still have the factory setup on my Baron. If it indeed helps even just a tad, I might try it.

Thanks.
Jerry

Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #9 - Jun 22nd, 2018, 12:20am

Quote from jrob_bent on Jun 21st, 2018, 9:45pm:
My last visit to the lake I was riding with Joe the DF rider who rides with the Clowns. I had just finished a fast lap and was riding and talking with Joe to catch my breathe. Two young guys come by and looked at the Baron and laughed. It didn't take much persausion from Joe as he said go get them and I did. I passed them doing about 26-27 and they start coming after me saying something like hell no. We went about 2 miles before the turn off for Sunset Bay where the clowns meet and park. As I head up the hill to the parking lot I hear you son of a b&&&h. I had to laugh at that. That made my day!
That’s called Public Relations.  It’s our job, because of bad press).  Can you blame us that we love our work? Smiley

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print