Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:11pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baytown Gator 100k (Read 793 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Baytown Gator 100k
Mar 6th, 2010, 9:21pm

No pay rides available here for a couple more weeks so I figured I'm make another trip down to Houston, trying for an organized ride today and another tomorrow. It's also the first event on the repaired silver Baron.

If you can make it to Houston you must do this ride, the only hill was over the Fred Hartman cable bridge, everything else was flat without much chipseal. My guess is about 1,000 riders.  First ride I've been on that required a ferry ride across the channel.  

Stayed at the front of the pack for the first 30 miles and finished in very good shape for this time of the year, maybe because I weigh about 25 pounds less than last year. Ended up with 61 miles at 20.2 mph average, not sure but I think the silver Baron is faster than the yellow. Pictures at www.lifeonabaron.blogspot.com

Also met Bobby Clement on his Baron near the beginning and later at the end of the ride and who I missed at White Rock last month. Email me Bobby for more pictures of your Baron!

Tomorrow is another ride north of Houston at Montgomery, supposed to be some hills on that one...

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2010, 9:21pm by mleuck »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print