Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:14pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bob McClure (Read 643 times)
Bud_Bent

Bob McClure
Nov 26th, 2021, 10:24am

Bob McClure has died. He was 76, and died of mantle cell lymphoma, likely caused by his exposure to Agent Orange while he served in the USAF. I did not know him really well, but had talked to him at events and corresponded with him by email over the years. For those who didn't know know him, he rode a homemade yellow velomobile which was always easy to spot at events. He was a part of rbent since before I joined, and joined this forum just a couple of months after it began. He also owned the rbent.com and rbent.net domains. He ran a mailing list, and had links to recumbent resources on the rbent.net pages. His wife, Sue, is transferring those domains to me now. For now, I'll probably just have them redirect to this forum. I'll post later to get everyone's thoughts on what we might do with them long term. Condolences to all Bob's family and friends.

« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2021, 10:25am by Bud_Bent »  

Bud
* 2009 RANS F-5 Pro
* 2009 RANS XStream
* 2004 RANS Screamer
My Blog - uneasy-rider.com
WWW   IP Logged
kenbent6
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Bob McClure
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2021, 10:43am

Thanks for letting us know about Bobcat, I came across him on the road which runs in front of his house at Millers Grove about 6 months ago and he was riding his banana bike, I knew he was not well but he said nothing about cancer. Smiley

IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2021, 1:07pm

Bob will be missed in the "yellow banana".  He was one of the first people that I would recognize at events even before I started riding recumbents.  Thank you Bud for passing this along.

IP Logged
aikigreg

recumbent ninja

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2021, 11:33am

He was a good dude and he will be missed. RIP Bob.

I'm in it to Schwinn it.
Email   IP Logged
lowracer

Founding Member

Reply #4 - Apr 13th, 2022, 9:40pm

I worked with Bob McClure back in the late 80's early 90's and considered him a trusted mentor in the early days of my career in engineering.  Later enjoyed his company on various bike rides starting in 96.  Sorry to hear of his passing.  He will be missed.  
-Mark

EZ-Sport AX
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print