Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 7:25pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lightning F40 kit for sale (Read 739 times)
Tiger_Mike

rbent member

Lightning F40 kit for sale
Nov 30th, 2020, 9:10pm

I have the complete F40 kit that I bought to put on my P38, but I find that I don’t use it very much. Anybody interested? $1,000 and it could be yours.
It’s yellow, and in excellent condition, very nearly like new. No scratches, the stitching and fabric are all good. There’s some dirt on the fabric where the front tire rubs during turns, that happens on the very first ride. Located in Fort Worth. To install it on your P-38 you will need to change out your boom or have a little post welded onto the end of it. Lightning can do that for you, or sell you a boom with a post already welded on.
It’s a very fun ride out on the open road. If you’ve got the legs to cruise at 16 or 17 mph now, you would be able to do 20 or better with the F40 kit. If you’re already one of those 20 mph speed demons then you would be cracking 25 mph with the F40. It’s an exhilarating experience, and it offers increased comfort in the cold weather. It pretty much makes your bike into a lightweight 2 wheeled velomobile at a fraction of the cost.

P38
Rans XStream
Rans V2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print