Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 16th, 2024, 12:54am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GCN rides a recumbent uphill... (Read 566 times)
Mizta_Nice

rbent member

GCN rides a recumbent uphill...
Aug 14th, 2020, 2:22pm

this is a video of the Global Cycling Network, a YouTube channel dedicated to cycling, attempting a pretty steep hill on a couple of low racers and a velomobile.

https://youtu.be/lD53YiygVhA

I think it’s just great to see the regular channels devoting any time at all to the laid back lifestyle. Give it a thumbs up so they’ll do more of this type of thing in the future.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is what all us slow and steady people say when we don't win the race.
WWW   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: GCN rides a recumbent uphill...
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2020, 8:46pm

That young guy blew up before he got to the top of the hill in the velomobile. That's why this old guy doesn't own one.

That front-drive low racer was set up for flat land racing with 70T and 48T chainrings. Don't know why they would try to climb a steep hill with it.

The mid racer had granny gearing, so it was the most appropriate recumbent for hill climbing.

Email   IP Logged
FlyingLaZBoy

'16 ICE SprintX fs,
'16 Rocket, '12 KHS
Mocha

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2020, 5:12pm

Yah, everything he rode up the hill was the wrong machine....   Cheesy

"A hundred miles on a bike? How many
days does that take you?"

Email FlyingLaZBoy   IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2020, 8:51pm

He also didn't climb worth a crap ..   I almost couldn't watch it as his cadence and technique was so poor  it brought tears to my eyes and sailors words to my mouth

Quote from jayg on Aug 14th, 2020, 8:46pm:
That young guy blew up before he got to the top of the hill in the velomobile. That's why this old guy doesn't own one.

That front-drive low racer was set up for flat land racing with 70T and 48T chainrings. Don't know why they would try to climb a steep hill with it.

The mid racer had granny gearing, so it was the most appropriate recumbent for hill climbing.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print