Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 5:22am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pedal Prix down under (Read 742 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

pedal Prix down under
Jul 6th, 2018, 7:55am

I have been reading and watching videos of the schools in Australia building and racing velomobiles. I had no idea they have been going on since 1985. I sure would like to see something like it here in Texas. I know football is a religion around here and I played 12 years myself, but I would like to see if there was any interest at some local schools about starting a racing/building program. I would consider helping sponsor a start up team. There was 205 teams at last years championship race which is a 24 hour race. They have 8-12 members on a team. Over 31,000 spectators each day for 2 days.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZUCwnWUxLw

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: pedal Prix down under
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2018, 8:59am

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Mark L. was piloting the camera velo.  Cheesy

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2018, 11:05am

17-18 year old high school student! 1,484 peak watts! His 4 man team averaged 32+ mph for 6 hours.

Email   IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2018, 6:45pm

I think Jay was referring to the Dodge-em car antics of the driver.  Too many slow riders for such a tiny track!   Smiley

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2018, 12:35pm

Yes, they should have a similar rule to HPRA that the slower riders stay to the inside of the track. Also in the HPRA rules you have to have two mirrors and no bumper cars! I still think the young kids would love it. Thinking about getting the welder out one more time and make 2-3 of those long skinny trikes like the Greenspeed SLR and building the fairings around them and donating them to a couple of schools that are interested in it. Never know what will happen.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print