Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 27th, 2024, 2:30pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Should I give my bikes away? (Read 739 times)
Opus the Poet
Five Star Member

rbent member

Should I give my bikes away?
Feb 3rd, 2018, 11:33am

I injured my other hip in yoga class a few years back and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I finally got to the point I can get my shoes and socks on without help, but swinging a leg over a bike is still outside my abilities, as the several crashes with my new (to me) Zenetic have proven. I might be able to ride a trike, but TBH all the joy I used to find on a bike just ain't there any more Smiley  

So, would anyone be interested in acquiring some old bikes? I have almost all the pieces needed to get them ridable if I can find where my wife put them. And don't say "Just ask her" because all bike parts smaller than wheels are "pedals" to her. Smiley

This would be a giveaway situation, most of these bikes were gifts, so they must be gifted away. I need to free up some space in the garage for other things.

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Email WWW   IP Logged
diannalightning
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Should I give my bikes away?
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2018, 6:51pm

Hi Opus,
I recently rode a Dynamic and I had a hard time getting my leg over the seat.  I learned to lay the bike down, step over it, then lift it up so that I could ride it. I did the same thing in reverse when dismounting.  Those large seats are hard to get your leg over. I hate to see you stop riding but do what is best for you and stay in touch.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print