Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 5th, 2024, 2:52pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keep Valuables Out of Sight! (a sad reminder) (Read 903 times)
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Keep Valuables Out of Sight! (a sad reminder)
May 25th, 2017, 9:52pm

At the end of my double lap, as I was resting, the lady across from me with a nice Subaru wagon, exclaimed she had been robbed of her cell phone, license and credit card.  Poor thing.   cry
Her car was directly across the parking lot from the water spigot, at the curved wall where we enjoy a sit down.  Fortunately, there was a police cruiser with two cyclist officers inside.  She walked down there to tell them the unfortunate incident.  All my own valuables were in the trunk.  How much do you think I could afford a robbery?  Therefore, I go through the trouble every time.

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Keep Valuables Out of Sight! (a sad reminder)
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2017, 10:16pm

Quote from Action Lad on May 25th, 2017, 9:52pm:
At the end of my double lap, as I was resting, the lady across from me with a nice Subaru wagon, exclaimed she had been robbed of her cell phone, license and credit card.  Poor thing.   cry
Her car was directly across the parking lot from the water spigot, at the curved wall where we enjoy a sit down.  Fortunately, there was a police cruiser with two cyclist officers inside.  She walked down there to tell them the unfortunate incident.  All my own valuables were in the trunk.  How much do you think I could afford a robbery?  Therefore, I go through the trouble every time.

I have always thought of the Sunset Bay parking lot as being safe, since there is so much foot, bike and vehicle traffic through it. Guess not.

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2017, 8:50am by jayg »  
Email   IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2017, 6:09am

The local trail running community (where I've been hiding these last few years) has run into this a lot, every couple of months there tends to be a rash of vehicles being broken into (smashed windows) at the trailhead parking lots.  It's gotten so bad that some runners just carry their wallet, keys and phones - while leaving their windows down.

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2017, 8:01pm

Quote from AustinSkater on May 26th, 2017, 6:09am:
The local trail running community (where I've been hiding these last few years) has run into this a lot, every couple of months there tends to be a rash of vehicles being broken into (smashed windows) at the trailhead parking lots.  It's gotten so bad that some runners just carry their wallet, keys and phones - while leaving their windows down.
Seems to be an invitation to one's ignition switch.  

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
AustinSkater

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2017, 5:44am

Quote from Action Lad on May 29th, 2017, 8:01pm:
Quote from AustinSkater on May 26th, 2017, 6:09am:
It's gotten so bad that some runners just carry their wallet, keys and phones - while leaving their windows down.
Seems to be an invitation to one's ignition switch.  

Maybe, but we haven't heard of any cars being stolen.  It also has the advantage of airing out the cars.

Bryan
---------------------------
Shellene's is yellow, mine is too.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print