Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 28th, 2024, 3:27pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Argyle ride (Read 1051 times)
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Argyle ride
Jun 27th, 2016, 8:25am

Anyone interested in a 40-50 mile Argyle ride Friday or Saturday morning. Start around 7-7:30 AM to beat the heat. There is always a lot of roadies to chase down on Saturdays. I have counted over 300 that come by my daughters house on Saturday mornings. They get mad enough when an old man on a recumbent passes them, just think how they would react to several recumbents! Come on out and play. Back roads with not much traffic. Rolling hills and nice scenery. Meet at the corner of Hwy 377 and Country Club Road. There is a Pizza place, Subway, and a cafe there. Fuzzy's Taco is on the way back.

I get about 15 miles per honey bun!
Email   IP Logged
Action Lad
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Argyle ride
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2016, 2:25pm

Chipseal, or smooth asphalt?

"You can't see paradise if you don't pedal!"
T.J. Fowler -- Chicken Run
  IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2016, 3:21pm

Most of the roads are smooth, but there is some rough spots. I'll be riding the Catbike Musashi.  Some of the roads are even new concrete!

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2016, 9:44am

Looks like I will go wabbit huntin' by myself.  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
jrob_bent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2016, 6:51am

Not riding today, I am still too tired from chasing a triathlon rider for 20+ miles yesterday. The rider was about 2 miles ahead of me when it started. I finally caught them. It was a lady training for an Ironman in Florida this month. We stopped and talked about recumbents. She was very interested in them. She said she didn't know recumbents were so fast and could climb so well.  

As we were finishing our road side talk, she said there was a huge down hill ahead followed by a huge up hill. She told me she could hit around 30 going down. I told her I would hit 40. Well, we took off and I hit 30 before going down hill, and when I hit 36 on the down hill, I just coasted to the bottom, then sprinted up the other side at 22. When she caught up with me as I was sitting in the shade. She was blown away with the speed. She really wanted one, but said she could not use them in triathlons and Ironman competition. I planted the seed in her head about training on recumbents and holding world records for recumbents. Her eyes were smiling. I could tell she is really considering getting a recumbent. I forgot to mention, she was fast. She flew up the hills easily. I only gained on her on the down hills and flats, just barely on the flats. I hope she gets a recumbent. Man, she would be great for our side.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print