Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 2nd, 2024, 10:16pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Non-ride report (Read 847 times)
reever

rbent member

Non-ride report
May 1st, 2016, 9:45am

My wife was taking me out to Chula Vista, CA to start my two-years-in-the-planning trip to criss cross the US and end up in Bar Harbor, ME. When I-10 got closed down from Lordsburg, NM to Tucson,AZ I wondered if someone up there was trying to send me a message to turn around and re-think this fool's folly. Maybe one of the biblical plagues will convince you, stupid! But no, we hunkered down and continued on the next day, passing the spot where the 12 car pile up had occurred in the brownout the day before. As we pulled off the road in Wildox, AZ to eat, a guy ran a red light and we plowed into him--tearing up the front end of our Avalanche. The very first thought that entered my brain as we were hitting his car was 'the trip is over'. I strapped my bumper on with some straps and gorilla duct tape and we limped back home--the loooooongest trip of my life. Everybody is okay--and the bike is okay. I am REALLY sore--now I know what folks mean when they way they feel like they have been in a car wreck.

Does anybody know anybody who is headed out to California soon who could use someone to help with gas money????

Adults should have fun so kids will want to grow up!

For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

I'd rather be sorry for something I did than for something I didn't do.
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print