Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 20th, 2024, 12:44am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PBA Rides this Saturday (3/5) (Read 1118 times)
shellbear

PBA Rides this Saturday (3/5)
Mar 2nd, 2016, 9:34pm

Anyone want to accompany me on one of the PBA rides this Saturday? Maybe the Step Up (32 miles) or Tweener (46 miles) ride? I'm building miles for my MS150 training and would love to ride with some familiar faces! https://www.planobicycle.org/

Alternatively, I would be up for GDB Airport ride (42 miles), but I'm probably not fast enough to keep up with their main group yet. Any takers?

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
MrWizard
Five Star Member

bonus mile sponge

Re: PBA Rides this Saturday (3/5)
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2016, 9:48pm

the east side ride is very bent friendly, and about the same speed as the step up; though with a longer route option.    i'd normally ride over there after my morning loop but i'll not get back into town in time.    next weekend though i'll be there..

Quote from shellbear on Mar 2nd, 2016, 9:34pm:
Anyone want to accompany me on one of the PBA rides this Saturday? Maybe the Step Up (32 miles) or Tweener (46 miles) ride? I'm building miles for my MS150 training and would love to ride with some familiar faces! https://www.planobicycle.org/

Alternatively, I would be up for GDB Airport ride (42 miles), but I'm probably not fast enough to keep up with their main group yet. Any takers?

Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2016, 11:21pm

Thanks for the tip! I have done the Eastside ride before, though it's been a very long time. I thought it was a slower pace but it's posted at 14mph which I can maintain very comfortably. It starts very late though, 9:30am instead of 8. It's not as far of a drive for me as some of the other PBA start locations, though. I will consider it!

Next weekend I have a prior engagement Saturday morning so I won't be riding. Bummer!

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2016, 11:21pm by shellbear »  

"As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time." -Cake
  IP Logged
rmillay
Five Star Member

rbent member; go
Clowns!

Reply #3 - Mar 3rd, 2016, 7:14pm

The East side average has languished in the low 13s lately, partly from slower starts, but largely from the increase in traffic signals, as the Northeast part of the Metroplex gets more developed.  Those of us who do the longer ride (mostly recumbent riders) ramp it up a bit on the last part.

Catrike 700
RANS Formula LE , sold
Catrike Musashi
Catrike Speed
Catrike Speed, sold back

"It [Nissan Titan] wasn't named truck of the year because it wasn't the best!" Clay Cooley in his TV a
Email   IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2016, 8:42pm

Thanks Robert. Will you be on the East Side tomorrow?

IP Logged
shellbear

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2016, 10:44pm

Eastside tomorrow it is! Hope to see other bents there, otherwise I'll be the odd lady out. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print