Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 21st, 2024, 4:04am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SOLD -BBS02 48V C965 115 miles with Extras (Read 692 times)
Denman

rbent member

SOLD -BBS02 48V C965 115 miles with Extras
Nov 13th, 2015, 1:27pm

Sold rather quickly 11/16/2015

Bafang BBS02 500/750Watt kit, batteries NOT included.

In June I purchased 4 different Power Assist systems to test and will be posting a series of articles in the coming weeks.  

This unit has less then 120 miles on it and comes with optional equipment. Luna Cycles offers the best domestic pricing on these units new.

This is one of the first units to be shipped with the bullet-proof 3077 MOSFETs.

• BBS02 48V 500/750 Watt Kit with C965 Display - $536
• 42T Lekkie Bling Ring - $90
• 4 Bolt Chainring Adapter (can use for double chainring) - $36
• 1 Meter Speedo Extension (not available in USA) - $20
• 1 Foot Speedo Extension Cable - $10
• Lefty Thumb Throttle - $20
• E-Brake Magnetic Reed Switch Kit - $20
• Custom Throttle Extension Cable (must fabricate for trike) - ??
• Programming Cable - $20

Cost from Luna is $752; slightly more from EM3EV when shipping from Hong Kong is considered.

Not willing to separate, its all or nothing.

$500 for the kit  

Hands down this is the most efficient system of the 4 tested. Thats important when you consider it will go further on a 48V 10AH battery then ANY Direct Drive will go on a 48V 15AH battery. Easily reaches 30 MPH on the flat pushing the FS26. Climbs hills with ease.

Includes programming cable to allow you to custom tune the settings. Its pretty easy to do and you'll definitely want to tune Pedal Assist settings to your liking. Everyone will want something different.

The BBS02 has the cleanest mounting of any kit out there. The 1 M speedo extender cable allows the pickup to be mounted on the rear wheel. There is a custom made extension cable which is required to fit the throttle on the bars of a trike. You can't buy that cable or the connectors. It will work for either throttle in the package.

I spent another $200 on a spare boom for an HPV FS; the intent was to enable a 10 minute swap between no-assist and assist. Actually it takes me about 15 minutes. Also has a T-Bar for the Speedo mount and ICE light mount which added another $50 in cost.

Add another $125 if you want the boom ($625 total). Not selling the boom separately.

The reason I'm selling is I decided I liked the MAC 10T package the best.

Send me a PM if you're interested. I have the original packaging and buyer pays shipping; about $50 max in the continental US.

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2015, 8:44am by Denman »  
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print