Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 6th, 2024, 9:22am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greenville Cotton Patch Classic (Read 829 times)
mleuck
Five Star Member

rbent member

Greenville Cotton Patch Classic
Sep 19th, 2015, 1:52pm

I made the mistake of looking at the weather because it didn't look good north east, turns out for good reason in Dallas but it held off in Greenville. Almost went back home Smiley

All through the north run I had a massive pace line of 25+ riders that passed me then I passed them back then they passed me etc, on and on all the way. I kept thinking "okay I gave it a good fight so I'll let them go" however I kept finding energy to pass them back and finally dropped them all after about 25 miles. Only thing left were three riders in the breakaway and I got by them not long after that. Thought I was in the clear by the time I got just north of Wolf City but one solo rider caught and passed. I kept up with him until about halfway between Wolf City and Greenville and some hills finally got to me and he dropped me. darn good rider too

Didn't stop at all, felt darn strong all the way through. Got some light sprinkles after 20 miles but nothing after that. This was not quite the fastest I've ever done this ride but since I didn't stop it was the fastest in overall ride time. darn fun ride

62 miles, 2 hours 51 minutes, 1200 ft total climb, 21.7 mph average

Saw a guy on a velomobile but only one other recumbent and a trike

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2015, 1:57pm by mleuck »  
  IP Logged
LightningPilot

Re: Greenville Cotton Patch Classic
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2015, 9:07pm

Yup, I was  the P38. We were planning the 60 whatever, chickened out and did the 54. Came in with 16.3, we were motivated. Warren came in with a 24.9 on the long route. Really amazing conditions.

Carolyn Trimble
2001 Lightning P38
2005 Lightning P38
2000 Litespeed Ultimate
1988 Hujsak Century
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print