Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 20th, 2024, 2:32am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interbike 2015 (Read 1478 times)
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Interbike 2015
Jul 3rd, 2015, 10:18am

Would like to announce that Easy Street Recumbents will be attending the 2016 Interbike in Las Vegas the week of September 14-18. Mike Librik will be attending seminars most of the time studying to be an even better shop proprietor. I will be trolling the over 700 exhibitors looking for neat stuff that can be recumbent friendly

While the Interbike is NOT recumbent specific (like the Recumbent Cycle Con), it is a cutting edge event for bicycle/tricycle retailers. Easy Street Recumbents is committed to being the best recumbent exclusive shop there is.

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Monkeywrangler22
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: Interbike 2015
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:09am

You lucky Pug!  Interbike with ESR?  Too much fun!  Find us all lots of neat gear, ok?

The Monkeywrangler's blog
Schlitter Encore
Fisher HKEK - Spec. Roubaix
Seavo - Serenity
Email   IP Logged
dd5339
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2015, 12:39pm

Jane,

Having done Interbike before, (on the retail side, and on the manufacture side) several bits of advice.

Wear really super comfortable shoes, you will be walking a lot, as in all over the place.  

Take a comfortable backpack to carry freebies and swag, the manufactures will be handing it out liberally usually.

Get comfortable in a crowd, you will be shoulder to shoulder with several thousand of your new best friends.

Expect to pay insane prices for food and drink in the show.

Be ready to talk a lot, non stop.  Bring cough drops or something to soothe your throat, I was hoarse after day one and by the end of the show, couldn't talk.

Find a way to deal with the noise, 15 thousand conversations going on at the same times gets difficult, especially for people with our hearing issues.

On the last day of the show, ask if the manufactures are selling off show samples, sometimes deals can be had for CHEAP!

Have lots of fun!  Interbike can be an absolute blast!

Semper Fi

Email   IP Logged
texpug
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2015, 4:16pm

It should be an adventure for sure. Remember, I will he pushing a dog stroller with a Service Dog in it! ha!

I am taking a person to hear everything for me. Have my Adipure toe shoes that are THE best things for distance walking for me. Have the back pack ready.  

Vicki, my mission is to find NEAT STUFF. Since I am not a mechanic, and not in to the sales division, Mike told me my job is to find neat stuff that people would like. Do I have a dream job or what?????  Smiley

Hope to get a lot of sponsors for the Heart of Texas Recumbent Rally and Rodeo and get a LOT of neat prizes donated for the raffle!  

Appreciate the tips!!!

Catrike 700
Catrike Speed
Terra Trike Tandem Pro IPS
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print