Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
Apr 29th, 2024, 6:12am
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
need help changing tire on anura trike (Read 1593 times)
esbee

rbent member

need help changing tire on anura trike
May 29th, 2015, 8:05pm

I need help figuring out how to change a flat back tire on my anura trike---it has a hex shape hole in the middle of the wheel--you know the place where all the spokes come together... i assume you stick a hex shaped thingy in there to unscrew it---I did but it did not budge, not one little iota...is there another way to do it? please help anybody ---I was thinking of removing the fender part so I could at least have working room to get the tube out but betcha dollars to dimes those are only fake screws put there to fool you into thinking they are real.  Smiley
thanks
Susan in Paris

p.s. the local bike guy will not call me back and if I take it to Richardson bike mart they will want to keep it for weeks---I would like to have all 3 tires/tubes changed as the tires are slick. there is a slow bike ride  in paris I want to be in on Monday.

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
esbee

rbent member

Re: need help changing tire on anura trike
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2015, 9:02pm

VICTORY! never had to remove the wheel from the rest of the trike...My hubbie, Stephen, got a flat blade screw driver to help get the tire off the rim.  Then I replaced the tube, replaced the tire, added air and went for a short 2 mile but oh so nice ride on the anura---I had been riding the Sun trikes and much prefer the anura, smoother easier ride. someday I will try a tadpole. Susan in paris Smiley Smiley Smiley  Smiley

Susan In Paris (Texas, that is!)
Email WWW   IP Logged
johnnybent
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2015, 10:16am

I was curious and checked out the online owners manual.  You are correct about unscrewing the hex bolt to release the wheel. Maybe the bolts that fit into the hub are a little tight. Try TAPPING with a RUBBER mallet to loosen the wheel.  Please get a pair of tire levers, your tubes will thank you.

« Last Edit: May 30th, 2015, 10:20am by johnnybent »  
Email   IP Logged
Rat Rider

Recumbents Across
Texas

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2015, 5:53pm

Why do you need to remove the wheel? That seems to be an advantage, not having to remove the wheel.

Metabike Mystique
Lightning Phantom II
CruzRocket indoor recumbent Zwift trainer
Ranger
Dakota

Need dependable wheels?
Email   IP Logged
richardr

rbent member

Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2015, 8:28pm

Susan,  We have been out of the area for a while, so I'm behind with rbent reading.  Please feel free to call me with questions about the Anora.  I've done a lot of maintenance on it and we still have it's twin.

Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print