Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
rbent - Recumbent Bike Enthusiasts of North Texas
May 14th, 2024, 7:26pm
News: Want to join the rbent Forum? See this thread.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WANTED: Lightning Stealth/Phantom Seat Mesh & Pad (Read 1462 times)
BentTrekker

rbent member

WANTED: Lightning Stealth/Phantom Seat Mesh & Pad
Dec 20th, 2014, 4:01pm

Looking for a used and in good condition seat mesh and pad for my Lightning Stealth.

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Re: WANTED: Lightning Stealth/Phantom Seat Mesh &
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2014, 9:15pm

If you can't locate factory-made replacements, make your own: https://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/seat-covering. Instead of sewing the mesh to the frame, it could be hemmed, grommets installed at the edges, and the mesh attached to the frame and stretched tight with heavy-duty zip ties. Cut a pad out of charcoal foam with an electric fish-filleting knife, and attach Velcro to both the seat mesh and pad's bottom with hot glue. The Velcro will secure the pad to the mesh.

Email   IP Logged
BentTrekker

rbent member

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2014, 3:05pm

Thanks, Jay!  I had stumbled across RecycledRecumbents in my search before you posted, and I kind of decided against it.  But, since you suggested it, I have given it further consideration.  It would cost me less than $30 to make my own that way.  I think I'll do it - it doesn't look too hard or time consuming.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2014, 3:05pm by BentTrekker »  

Matt Bailey
OWN: Optima High Baron
SOLD: Catrike Expedition, Catrike 700, Catrike Pocket, Bacchetta CA2, Lightning Stealth, TerraTrike Tandem Pro.
Email WWW BentTrekker   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2014, 4:32pm

Quote from BentTrekker on Dec 22nd, 2014, 3:05pm:
Thanks, Jay!  I had stumbled across RecycledRecumbents in my search before you posted, and I kind of decided against it.  But, since you suggested it, I have given it further consideration.  It would cost me less than $30 to make my own that way.  I think I'll do it - it doesn't look too hard or time consuming.  Thanks!

I have some foam that I meant to give you the other day, i had saved it for when i needed to replace mine.  Its no closed cell but memory foam that i picked up somewhere.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
jayg
Five Star Member

rbent member

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2014, 6:25pm

I use this material for my seat pads: http://www.foambymail.com/CF/solid-charcoal-firm-foam.html. It has open cells (smaller diameter than Bacchetta seat foam cells), is UV resistant, and doesn't melt when hot glue is applied to it.

Email   IP Logged
Phantom Rider
Five Star Member

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2014, 9:25pm

Quote from jayg on Dec 22nd, 2014, 6:25pm:
I use this material for my seat pads: http://www.foambymail.com/CF/solid-charcoal-firm-foam.html. It has open cells (smaller diameter than Bacchetta seat foam cells), is UV resistant, and doesn't melt when hot glue is applied to it.

I like this much better than what i have, thanks Jay.

2017 Cruzbike V20
2019 ICE VTX Black
SOLD - 2011 GT Karakorem 1.0 - 2012 Lightning Phantom II - 2004 Lightning P38 2013 Rans Rifle 2014 Catrike 700 - 2014 Bacchetta CA2
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print